Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I wouldn't as if she just went broody she could snap out of it and have ur eggs dead if u don't watch her as even if u were to take them out to her she wouldn't expect chicks that early of setting and would probably kill them

I have a question. I have had eggs in the incubator for 15 days. Yesterday one of my Cochins went broody. Would it be possible for me to take the eggs that are in my incubator and put them under my hen? Or should I just leave them in the incubator for the remaining days? Not sure if it's relevant but this is the first time my Cochin has gone broody.

Cochins are known to be very good mothers. I would give her a few of your eggs and let her have at it. Watch her close at hatch day to see if she's accepting them well. If she's not, you can just take the ones she has away but if she is, you can slip the others that hatch in your incubator under her at night for her to raise. Good luck!

Hi everybody! Would anyone be willing to take of my chickens for a couple months? Of course I am prepared to pay you for your efforts. We are going to sell our home this year, hopefully around summer, and I have to re home my chickens for a while. I wanted to ask here first to see if anyone was willing. I am able to drive up to two hours to transport them to your location. I have 8 hens right now. Thanks!
Where are you located Anne? Are you transporting the whole setup with the birds or just the birds? I may be able to help, I don't have anything empty to quarantine them in though, they would have to be transported with their coop somehow

@MotorcycleChick

Happy Birthday!!!! Mine is on Monday
lol.png
We should go feed store hopping and "window shop"
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Thank you for the advice guys! I have 10 so I'm going to grab a few and take them down. This was more of an experiment anyways as I've never incubated before. Hopefully I get a few more out of the deal. for clarification I can take the chicks down after they hatch too?

Happy Earth Day!!!

Ok, which one of you sent in a picture of your son with a chicken on his head for the weather pointer picture on the news? That made me giggle this morning.

Tried to snap a picture of it.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice guys! I have 10 so I'm going to grab a few and take them down. This was more of an experiment anyways as I've never incubated before. Hopefully I get a few more out of the deal. for clarification I can take the chicks down after they hatch too?

As long as she is accepting the ones she hatches, you can add the ones you hatch also but do it at night or in the dark (just slip them under her). You'll want to do it as soon as possible after hatch.

Back
Top Bottom