Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Let me know what u think of this one I think this one will suit for the chickens I haven't watched this video in a while but I know I liked this one when I was looking for ideas to build my first coop. But if it doesn't have a wooden floor my design will. But the baby chickens are getting bigger and my parents don't think we need a bigger coop but they barely have enough room to move or turn around on the roost because it's so crowed so I have to add a roost for the baby chickens today. I think that's why we haven't been getting any eggs.

Last edited:
Hi all been away again with work not much time to check in i will be reading todsy to try and catch up.....In the mean time i am looking to rehome 2 11 week old roosters 1 SLW and 1 Speckled sussex, if anyone is interested let me know ......i am in somerset county Just outside of Johnstown. Also i would like two more pullets about the same age if anyone has any.

Thanks Tom

Let me know what u think of this one I think this one will suit for the chickens I haven't watched this video in a while but I know I liked this one when I was looking for ideas to build my first coop. But if it doesn't have a wooden floor my design will. But the baby chickens are getting bigger and my parents don't think we need a bigger coop but they barely have enough room to move or turn around on the roost because it's so crowed so I have to add a roost for the baby chickens today. I think that's why we haven't been getting any eggs.

I like that coop. If you can get the materials without too much cost it would be plenty big enough for your needs. To me it sounds like the big costs are the siding and shingles, though there is quite a lot of lumber in that plan too. If you can figure out a way to get them without breaking the bank, it's a solid plan. Maybe old tin for the roof instead of shingles? Or figure out a way to build it in stages so that you can keep saving up money to enlarge your area as they grow.

Ok thanks for the reply I have some old tin that's just laying so I will use that for the roof and I have siding from my grams house so I don't need to do the shed sheeting they used. And my pap has probably enough of those pallets to build another horse barn the same size as my sisters and her barn is like 16x16

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the reply I have some old tin that's just laying so I will use that for the roof and I have siding from my grams house so I don't need to do the shed sheeting they used. And my pap has probably enough of those pallets to build another horse barn the same size as my sisters and her barn is like 16x16
My husband started ours this morning. It is very similar. we have an 8x12 platform base that he made out of some lumber and pallets. He used the really thin plywood since the pallets are under it and painted it with a mis matched waterproof paint like chiques chicks said to do (about $5 at lowes). The back is going to be 1 pallet tall (4 feet ish) and the front 6 feet with a door etc.

I believe he spent about $150 at lowes but our front wall isn't made of pallets. if you use pallets for the front you could save more money.

Good Luck!

My husband started ours this morning. It is very similar. we have an 8x12 platform base that he made out of some lumber and pallets. He used the really thin plywood since the pallets are under it and painted it with a mis matched waterproof paint like chiques chicks said to do (about $5 at lowes). The back is going to be 1 pallet tall (4 feet ish) and the front 6 feet with a door etc. I believe he spent about $150 at lowes but our front wall isn't made of pallets. if you use pallets for the front you could save more money. Good Luck!
Looking great! Make sure you post pictures when you are done....

Well, a few days ago, I lousy one of my meaties. It was one that had hey her leg and was lumping around. I think when I closed up the coops that night, I didn't realize that she was still out and something got get in the night. I found the pile of feathers today. The rest of them are getting butchered tomorrow. Stew and the Nuggets are HUGE! We were going to do them today but we had to put up a fence to contain the turkeys since they insist on visiting the neighbor everytime they're out.

Well, a few days ago, I lousy one of my meaties. It was one that had hey her leg and was lumping around. I think when I closed up the coops that night, I didn't realize that she was still out and something got get in the night. I found the pile of feathers today. The rest of them are getting butchered tomorrow. Stew and the Nuggets are HUGE! We were going to do them today but we had to put up a fence to contain the turkeys since they insist on visiting the neighbor everytime they're out.

Sorry to bother you lost one, we finished butchering all but 3 hens yesterday. I am hoping one or two of the hens actually makes laying age, they look good so far, one is a bit waddly but breathing is good and no fluid symptoms so far.

My husband started ours this morning. It is very similar. we have an 8x12 platform base that he made out of some lumber and pallets. He used the really thin plywood since the pallets are under it and painted it with a mis matched waterproof paint like chiques chicks said to do (about $5 at lowes). The back is going to be 1 pallet tall (4 feet ish) and the front 6 feet with a door etc. I believe he spent about $150 at lowes but our front wall isn't made of pallets. if you use pallets for the front you could save more money. Good Luck!
That looks great! Wish I knew how to build stuff like that!
Sorry to bother you lost one, we finished butchering all but 3 hens yesterday. I am hoping one or two of the hens actually makes laying age, they look good so far, one is a bit waddly but breathing is good and no fluid symptoms so far.
Are you trying to breed a meatie hen?

Back
Top Bottom