Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/zip/5621157181.html

who sees a free brooder?
lol.png

Wow, I was seeing a small coop????

Look what i found in new Tripoli someone threw from a red truck,,,,,

Been MIA for 2 weeks prepping for and going on vacation, not going to be able to catch up so I'm just jumping back in here.

I'm just here to whine a little... I took the girls on vacation with my family to Outer Banks, NC and we had a great time. Hubs couldn't come along because of work so he was in charge of the chickens and garden while we were away. It did not go well
hit.gif
He was working from 7am to 7pm so getting up early to do the chicken chores and then not getting home to check on them until late. It was 90 degrees here while we were gone. In my experience, the new chicks never ran out of water in a single day (1 gallon nipple waterer) but hadn't been so hot until last week. He very well could have forgotten to top it off or not filled it all the way up but he won't say, likely because he feels guilty. We lost 4 birds - a Delaware, a welsummer, and both of olive egg legbar mixes that @dheltzel hatched just for me. The olive egg legbars are the ones I'm most upset about, I loved the way their little crests were developing and I was really anxious to see what color eggs they'd lay. I don't suppose you have any more of those pullets, do you Dennis?

I also lost almost all of my seedlings. Things that are too late to start again like peppers and tomatoes. That is partly my fault for not getting them out of their containers and into the ground before we left, but I'm still upset that he couldn't keep them watered for a week. Tomatoes are really the most important part of my garden since I like to can them for winter... I do have a bunch of volunteers, but they are likely unintentional crosses from the varieties I had last year and I'm not really sure what I'll get with them.
hugs.gif

I would grab that in a second if it was on this end of the state!

Me too, if I wasn't gettin' out of dodge...
Wow, I was seeing a small coop????
I think the ad said the walls are a thick cardboard. But it could work!

Had a coyote yelping right next to my chicken pens last night! sent my German Shepard after it and the coyote just stood there thankfully i called my dog off before things got worse..they are here but not for long ;)

Had a coyote yelping right next to my chicken pens last night! sent my German Shepard after it and the coyote just stood there thankfully i called my dog off before things got worse..they are here but not for long ;)

Sorry to sound preachy, but there may have been more than one coyote out there and that wouldn't have been good for your GSD....seems like chickens are a magnet for any predator.....

I have a crazy question. Something attacked my duck. She has puncture wounds to her head. She is doing ok. I found her yesterday morning. Well here is the crazy question, Can ducks get rabies from an animal attack?

I have a crazy question. Something attacked my duck. She has puncture wounds to her head. She is doing ok. I found her yesterday morning. Well here is the crazy question, Can ducks get rabies from an animal attack?

From what I understand, only a mammal can get rabies. Do you know where she was when she got attacked?

From what I understand, only a mammal can get rabies. Do you know where she was when she got attacked?

She was in her pen. Something must have grabbed her through the fencing and took a bite. Something got a duckling Friday into Saturday in a different pen. I set up the trap last night and got a raccoon. Will reset the trap tonight. I am so ******.

Back
Top Bottom