Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Its been my experience that Legbars come in all personalities...my alpha girl is totally friendly and likes to be petted and held...my omega girl always comes to eat out of my hand and if the boys give her too much attention....My Original Roo was the best you could ask for....my current main Roo, I think will grow into a good one two...for my advise, get a few and see....
Very true, and generalizable to all breeds I think. I have a few Legbar roos that are so full of themselves they challenge my presence in their pen on a regular basis. Only one ever took to biting at the back of my pants, and he "is no more". I'm raising a bunch of roos so I can be choosey and hope to get at least one like yours. I used to think that I told them they were pretty too often and it made them "cocky", but I tell the Welsummers that even more and they remain humble in my presence, so that can't be it (or maybe the Welsummers don't understand English as well as the Legbars).

Anyway, personality is partially genetic, but I think more how they are brought up and how each bird thinks.

Aren't mini geese called ducks? I'd buy mini peacocks but not mini chickens.
LOL!
Of course you might be serious, so check this out: http://islanderranch.weebly.com/oregon-mini-geese.html

I just don't have room for anything else
sad.png

Bear's first egg!
ya.gif
Penny's first egg!
celebrate.gif
These two are best friends, so they decided to lay their first eggs side-by-side at the same time. Both are 21 week old.

Bear the Rhodefielder laid a BIG 1st egg, which is size medium. And it's dark brown.

Penny the Welbar laid a darker brown egg, peewee sized. Her egg is not as dark as I thought, but it's speckled

Their 1st eggs with Dolly's eggs.The egg colors in this photo are little lighter than the true color.

Bear's first egg! :ya Penny's first egg! :celebrate These two are best friends, so they decided to lay their first eggs side-by-side at the same time. Both are 21 week old. Bear the Rhodefielder laid a BIG 1st egg, which is size medium. And it's dark brown. Penny the Welbar laid a darker brown egg, peewee sized. Her egg is not as dark as I thought, but it's speckled Their 1st eggs with Dolly's eggs.The egg colors in this photo are little lighter than the true color.
:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom