Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My sfh chicks came in yesterday!!! I'm in love!
[/IMG]

My garlics seem doing good. Potatoes are still small. Green leaf vegetables are all happy. Lots of tomatoes. Cucumbers and beans not doing so well. Overall are not bad.

My garlics seem doing good. Potatoes are still small. Green leaf vegetables are all happy. Lots of tomatoes. Cucumbers and beans not doing so well. Overall are not bad.

Not bad is always good :)

My beans are doing good so far. I've gathered at least a gallon zip lock bag full from them so far. Pumpkins are growing like weeds, sunflowers are taller than I can reach, onions are big and piping out of the ground and the lettuce is growing so fast we have to keep cutting it back! The tomatoes have so many tomatoes on them that I can't even count them all, plus many more blossoms. Same with the peppers. It's so nice to actualy have a decent garden this year. Adding some raised beds made the biggest difference here.

Has anyone ever heard of a 3 sisters garden? We're attempting it this year. The corn is looking great but those annoying Japanese beetles keep gathering on them. Frustrating. Anyone interested in what the 3 sisters garden is, here's the link we used for ours.
http://www.reneesgarden.com/articles/3sisters.html

Not bad is always good
smile.png

My beans are doing good so far. I've gathered at least a gallon zip lock bag full from them so far. Pumpkins are growing like weeds, sunflowers are taller than I can reach, onions are big and piping out of the ground and the lettuce is growing so fast we have to keep cutting it back! The tomatoes have so many tomatoes on them that I can't even count them all, plus many more blossoms. Same with the peppers. It's so nice to actualy have a decent garden this year. Adding some raised beds made the biggest difference here.

Has anyone ever heard of a 3 sisters garden? We're attempting it this year. The corn is looking great but those annoying Japanese beetles keep gathering on them. Frustrating. Anyone interested in what the 3 sisters garden is, here's the link we used for ours.
http://www.reneesgarden.com/articles/3sisters.html

Very cool concept. I have too much shade for much of a garden--love seeing pictures of everyone's crops! I used to hate Japenese beetles (on my antique roses!) but now I catch them to give as treats to my chickens who think they are PEZ!

Do you still have any Banty Cochins? Does anyone have some besides Wing?
I will ask my niece if she is willing to part with the cochin hens we still have and just keep the silkies. There are 2 or 3 of them and they are perpetually broody, I rarely see an egg in there unless I put it in there for them to incubate.

I can get more from my cousin who show them in MD. Last I remember she had black, white and buff.

Back
Top Bottom