Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

We have spent the last 10 days searching for a replacement motor for our boat....the old motor had a catastrophic failure in the air pump which ended up blowing up basically and sending metal shards throughout the whole powerhead... so motor essentially became a 450 lb paperweight!

After many hours and hours of searching we found a motor....in Delaware! So, long story short, after about a thousand miles of road time (1 trip to east coast and 2 to boat mechanic in NW Pa) I spent today picking up our repowered boat from the mechanics...spent half an hour driving through a monsoon and now am at camp and finally have some time to catch up on the happenings in the chicken world. DH is planning to come up to camp late tonight and will start to work from here in the morning.
Hope the weather is ok when it gets further east to you all, that storm front is really nasty...

Hey Fisher"

came back east and didn't give a shout??? think you were looking for an I/o or and inboard.....big repairs either way.....

Aw, I hope she returns to you safe and sound. :hugs
Welcome to the club!
Oh no. I was hoping to free range my turkeys before and I assumed they would mosey back into their coop at dusk like the chickens do. I am thinking I was wrong about this and I will have to build them a large run to contain them... :rolleyes:

You can train them to, it just takes work. Most of mine go back in on their own. When I used to free range (had to stop because they were invading the neighbors yard all the time) I would need them all back in to the coop in the evening before it got dark. After a while, I'd just have to turn on the light in there, and they'd go in on their own. My "tree dwellers" are all ladies that hatched this spring that never got to officially free range. Doesn't stop them though, they fly out of the pen every morning, wander around close to the coop all day, and have to be caught every evening...before they get in the trees lol.

Hey Fisher"

came back east and didn't give a shout??? think you were looking for an I/o or and inboard.....big repairs either way.....

We have a 175 hp outboard on this boat, it was a big "ouch" to replace it, even though we lucked into a good used one....
DH went out Monday and got the replacement motor, he went south on 70 past Baltimore and then onto 50 and across the bridge to the Delmarva peninsula, so never too close to you or I would have sent eggs with him.

I am searching for another boat, something fiberglass with a full width cabin and either an inboard or an I/O, depending on how the motor box affects the back end floor space. It needs to be 25' or less and 8.5' wide or less, since it needs to be legally towable without permits. Parker boats are about the style we like, but way, way too pricey for me, Steigercraft are also good, an older John Allmand has great lines if it has an inboard set up, Thompsons and Penn Yans are about right also and most likely candidates because I can find them in our area more than the others. We are hoping to find a cheap project boat since I want to modify it anyway for our particular needs, most boats are set up with a ton of wasted cabin space, so some redoing will be needed, and the cabin roofline will need raised, since DH is 6'5" and I don't want him ducking or banging his head for the next 20 some years! LOL. I don't mind replacing the motor if needed either if the boat price is right, the new inboard motors are much quieter and more fuel efficient than the ones from the 70s anyway, and often can get more HP from a new engine in the same physical size range as the older ones.

There is no rush to find the new boat though, so I can wait to find the right deal. It is probably sitting under a tarp in 4 ft of weeds in someone's backyard or stashed in a barn somewhere, lol...but since I am hoping it is the last Erie boat we need to get I am going to take my time...

We are in egg watch!!!! A couple of my girls started to do that squatting thing the other day
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom