Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Good to have you over....if something scared her she may hide in a bush and will come out in the morning....

Hi @stake,
She is back in the panic room with the other younger ones this morning. That's interesting that the older hens allowed her to stay on the roost with them all night. It'll be interesting to see if she breaks from her group and does the same tonight.

Hey all. Remind me what auto doors you use. We are going to build an enclosed run inside the chicken pasture. We want to put the auto door on the outside of run. The coop door would be left open so they have access to the run early and can be let into the run at a safer time

Nope, they are still good. I give them ones that have been frozen and thawed and they still attack them. If something is really too far gone, they birds will reject it.

Thank you
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Good evening all:

nothing really new, fox was sitting about 100yds off watching the coop around dusk this evening....the pooch alerted and I cut him loose. He ran the fox off and then around for a while then came back...the lesson is, once they are around, they are around forever....my two cents

Good evening all:

nothing really new, fox was sitting about 100yds off watching the coop around dusk this evening....the pooch alerted and I cut him loose. He ran the fox off and then around for a while then came back...the lesson is, once they are around, they are around forever....my two cents
Especially with a chicken buffet close by...

Picture time! Here are pics of the coops progress. Stairs installed, a removable 2x4 at the entrance to keep the mess inside, chicken door installed, and chicken guard door opener set up. @dheltzel, the entrance is about 16x16. I think that should be big enough for my Tom. It looks like it from the pictures. Pardon the mess, I will clean it up when I am done. Does anyone have any ideas for the blue plastic poles? They came in the coop and I think they are pvc. They could be used for something, but I can't think of anything right now. The lights inside the coop are to draw them in and allow them to get settled.

:celebrate:
1f60d.png
It looks so good! GETTING ideas for future new & improved coop builds...

Sat Rosie out for some sun. She started pecking at the grass and seems alert despite not being able to stand. So I made her a mash of pellets and meal worms. Added some eggs. She is eating so maybe she will make a recovery.

1f62f.png
I hope she perks up and recovers! :hugs:

Back
Top Bottom