Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Random question: where the heck can a girl recycle a ton of pellet bags?? They're labeled #4 LDPE. Our township only accepts #1-7 food/beverage plastics (which makes me wonder what's happening to all our non food plastics...). I took them to Lowe's after finding on earth911.com that they accepted them, only to be told the opposite by customer service (they only accept grocery store type bags). :barnie

So now they are taking up space in our garage until I figure out where to take them. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Or if anyone would like them for other uses, let me know and I can send them your way!
Use them instead of black plastic between the rows in your garden to stop weeds.

PS: I am heading to TSC right now, for meal worms and Boss ONLY! No chicks! :oops:

BE CAREFUL! I was there yesterday and while I can usually resist the temptation, they had speckled Sussex pullets....On top of that, their minimum purchase was 4 chicks instead of the usual 6. I left with 4 speckled Sussex pullets lol.

Anyone in the local area interested in trying Norwegian Jaerhons, Kraienkoppes (Twentse) or Partridge Penedesencas? I have breeders of these breeds that I will be dispersing sometime this year, if anyone is interested in breeding them, let me know.

Use them instead of black plastic between the rows in your garden to stop weeds.

:thumbsup

BE CAREFUL! I was there yesterday and while I can usually resist the temptation, they had speckled Sussex pullets....On top of that, their minimum purchase was 4 chicks instead of the usual 6. I left with 4 speckled Sussex pullets lol.

Omg they did have some for 50 cents and 4 minimum :th

We went and my fiancée again pointed out the black sex link pullets and said "We should get 10" :eek: I managed to refuse though! I'm headed to Harrisburg tomorrow, so it's not the right time... Yet... :oops:

I did however buy a 5 lb bag of mealworms for $29.99! :bun

:thumbsup

Omg they did have some for 50 cents and 4 minimum :th

We went and my fiancée again pointed out the black sex link pullets and said "We should get 10" :eek: I managed to refuse though! I'm headed to Harrisburg tomorrow, so it's not the right time... Yet... :oops:

I did however buy a 5 lb bag of mealworms for $29.99! :bun

No, they weren't 50 cents yet but they did have a special where if you buy 6, you get 2 free. I did manage to not do that. I think it would be harder to sneak in 8 chicks than 4 and harder to explain the extra $18 spent than $12 lol. Otherwise, I'd have been all over it. The kids haven't told on me yet lol. They had a lot of chicks there that were over a week old so I'm guessing the 50 cent sale won't be too far off.

Southeast Mont/Bucks Co
Berks co here :welcome

it's always a trap! Mine had $1 3 week old barred rock and brown leghorn, so I picked out 2 of each with lady characteristics. Oops!

What are everyone's thoughts about possibly having a large swap/get together for the thread's 10th anniversary in September 2019? :jumpy

2FF212A4-C4B3-4BCB-A5FE-A5173748C135.jpeg

Got my eggs dyed with the grandsons this week. FUN

Back
Top Bottom