Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

LOL Trust me, he’d notice.😊

Hey, is anybody here suddenly having difficulty selling eggs? I just put my Craigslist ad back up after taking December off for molting, same $3 doz as always, even with a discounted 8 1/2 doz special, and not 1 bite yet! WTF? My fridge is filling up and my feed bin is emptying out...😫

LOL Trust me, he’d notice.😊

Hey, is anybody here suddenly having difficulty selling eggs? I just put my Craigslist ad back up after taking December off for molting, same $3 doz as always, even with a discounted 8 1/2 doz special, and not 1 bite yet! WTF? My fridge is filling up and my feed bin is emptying out...😫

just Cook them up and feed them back to the girls :)

just Cook them up and feed them back to the girls :)
Oh HECK no! 😂 My flock NEVER eat eggs unless they break in the coop, then they clean them up super-quick like they’re afraid of drawing a predator. My deceased rooster Danny was a bigtime egg protector, he’d look at me crosseyed just for collecting them. 💔🌹Maybe it’s because I raise Brahmas and Cochins (and now their Easter Egger hybrid offspring), very broody breeds even though I don’t let them brood in the coop anymore. I’ve tried to feed egg to sick birds and they will NOT touch it, healthy ones would undoubtedly consider me a murderous cannibal!🥰

Edit: Naturally I enjoy their eggs all the time, I just don’t let them catch me at it!😋

Oh HECK no! 😂 My flock NEVER eat eggs unless they break in the coop, then they clean them up super-quick like they’re afraid of drawing a predator. My deceased rooster Danny was a bigtime egg protector, he’d look at me crosseyed just for collecting them. 💔🌹Maybe it’s because I raise Brahmas and Cochins (and now their Easter Egger hybrid offspring), very broody breeds even though I don’t let them brood in the coop anymore. I’ve tried to feed egg to sick birds and they will NOT touch it, healthy ones would undoubtedly consider me a murderous cannibal!🥰

Edit: Naturally I enjoy their eggs all the time, I just don’t let them catch me at it!😋

Mine will devour scrambled eggs without a thought or pick the bones clean of a roast chicken or turkey in seconds lol

Thanks everyone. I have another question: There are tapeworms and cecal worms found in my birds, so I should deworm my girls. Which one is better for these worms: Valbazen or Zimecterin Gold? They both should work. Since Valbazen is more popular, I'm thinking worms may have less resistance to Zimecterin Gold? plus, someone said Valbazen will not kill some types of tapeworm?
I looked up Zimecterin Gold (ivermectin 1.55% and praziquantel 7.75%). I strongly prefer Valbazen because it is a newer drug, so less resistance. But the best program is to use Valbazen and Safeguard (Fenbenzidol - not spelled right) and alternate between the 2 to prevent or delay resistance and get complete control.
Major advantage for me is that Valbazen does not generally need a followup dose after 10 days, as the others do. Handling all my birds for worming is a daunting task, I generally only treat when handling them for other reasons, then they get Valbazen orally and Ivermectin drops on their neck for external parasites. Ivermectin is also a wormer, so perhaps that is helping some also. Anyway, with hundreds of birds and a full time job, I do what I can do.

CL is hit-or-miss in my experience. I would put up a flyer at your local grocery store. If you are on FB, try FB marketplace, being sure to mention the health benefits of eating eggs, so they don't think you are selling hatching eggs.
A sign at the end of your driveway could work too.

Try this for an ad (add in organic if they are)

Fresh, local eggs for sale!!
Hens are laying like it's springtime! Only $3 / dozen
Support local agriculture and get the best eggs you have ever eaten.

I looked up Zimecterin Gold (ivermectin 1.55% and praziquantel 7.75%). I strongly prefer Valbazen because it is a newer drug, so less resistance. But the best program is to use Valbazen and Safeguard (Fenbenzidol - not spelled right) and alternate between the 2 to prevent or delay resistance and get complete control.
Major advantage for me is that Valbazen does not generally need a followup dose after 10 days, as the others do. Handling all my birds for worming is a daunting task, I generally only treat when handling them for other reasons, then they get Valbazen orally and Ivermectin drops on their neck for external parasites. Ivermectin is also a wormer, so perhaps that is helping some also. Anyway, with hundreds of birds and a full time job, I do what I can do.

Thanks, Dennis. I just gave them Zimecterin Gold last night. Will switch to Valbazen next time. I think Safeguard doesn't kill tapeworms, so I didn't consider it.

My chickens do like scrambled eggs either. Even there is an egg broken in their run or coop, nobody would touch it.

If you post them on Facebook, call them "orbs" lol. That's what a lot of people do. Also you can try listing on pennswoods.net.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom