Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello everyone!!! Good bye and good riddance to 2020. The chicks vs dogs didn't do so great. We lost a bunch of adults and many chicks to the huskies. Pen has been reinforced! We'll be expanding the run this spring. We'd planned on doing it last spring, but, well, life. So I am down to one lavender Ameraucana roo, 2 Lav Am girls, the BC Marans hen that maybe lays 4 eggs a year if I am lucky, 3 red mixed hens that I can't remember what they are from a friend of my daughter, and one chick that survived 2020.
We also (think I posted about it at the time) lost my MIL in July. I hate that phrase. Makes me think I should look under the seat cushions to find her. At least she got to see her great granddaughter - yeah, we took a calculated risk and the kids all went to see her before she passed. Even if I'd tried to stop them, they would have come. We took the same risk - quarantine before and after - to go to Memphis to my sister's for Thanksgiving. FINALLY got a pic or 3 of all of my kids together. And some cute pics of my granddaughter.

2021 will be better. I insist. I already have some happy about it. Daughter is buying a house next week and she's expecting her first baby in early August. Was going to fly out to CA to get the cradle my FIL made for my kids and drive it to FL but that plan got stopped. Turns out, Son and his SO will be needing it also! GRANDBABIES!!!!!!

So, 2021 is looking up. Yeah, there's still a plague. But I'm dealing with it ok.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hi. I just want to jump in and say hello, since I just found this PA thread.

I'm located in the Lehigh Valley. I've had guinea fowl for about four years now, but I'm phasing them out and moving on to chickens. I currently have 3 guineas and 4 chickens (3 hens and a roo). Switching to chickens has started the learning curve all over again! This silly rooster is driving me crazy!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Nice to see a whole group of PA folks!

I'm located in the Lehigh Valley. I've had guinea fowl for about four years now, but I'm phasing them out and moving on to chickens. I currently have 3 guineas and 4 chickens (3 hens and a roo). Switching to chickens has started the learning curve all over again! This silly rooster is driving me crazy!

Welcome from Chester County!❤️

Welcome from Cambria County!

Welcome form Centre County! :welcome

Back
Top Bottom