Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I found a poultry auction in Belleville PA I’m considering going to. I’d really like some more hens and a nice rooster. I’ve never been to a poultry auction…if you have, can you share your experience?

I found a poultry auction in Belleville PA I’m considering going to. I’d really like some more hens and a nice rooster. I’ve never been to a poultry auction…if you have, can you share your experience?

Where are you located? If you're going to Belleville, you can't be TOO far from me lol. I've never gone to the auctions but a friend of mine used to all the time. If you want a nice roo, I have a guy that I'd rather not butcher. He's polish x RSL lol

Where are you located? If you're going to Belleville, you can't be TOO far from me lol. I've never gone to the auctions but a friend of mine used to all the time. If you want a nice roo, I have a guy that I'd rather not butcher. He's polish x RSL lol
Awe, how old is he?? I have small kiddos too, so I thought maybe I’d need an older fella? I need about 4 more hens too, I only have 5 right now. I’m in the Huntingdon/Altoona area.

I’d like to see a picture of him either way, polish chickens crack me up!! The roo we had finally hatched out was half polish too. He was beautiful but too mean. ☹️

I’d like to see a picture of him either way, polish chickens crack me up!! The roo we had finally hatched out was half polish too. He was beautiful but too mean. ☹️

I'm near Patton, PA so not far from Altoona. I think this guy takes after his RSL mom more than his polish dad in appearances. His crest is rather small lol. He hatched last summer and wasn't handled much so he's on the skittish side but hasn't shown an ounce of aggression. His dad, Nigel, was a sweet polish guy that would sit on my arm and eat lol. I have a leghorn hen that you're welcome to if you want her....I suspect her of being an egg eater though. But, since I've had her seperated, I've been getting an egg from her every day... not eaten so it's up to you lol

20230310_101054.jpg

I'm near Patton, PA so not far from Altoona. I think this guy takes after his RSL mom more than his polish dad in appearances. His crest is rather small lol. He hatched last summer and wasn't handled much so he's on the skittish side but hasn't shown an ounce of aggression. His dad, Nigel, was a sweet polish guy that would sit on my arm and eat lol. I have a leghorn hen that you're welcome to if you want her....I suspect her of being an egg eater though. But, since I've had her seperated, I've been getting an egg from her every day... not eaten so it's up to you lol

View attachment 3427437
Awe he’s so handsome!!! 😍

I was hoping to bring home a roo and some hens he’s familiar with. I have a friend getting back to me and that auction to check out, but if I have to piece them together from other places I’ll reach back out and see if he’s still available!

Awe he’s so handsome!!! 😍

I was hoping to bring home a roo and some hens he’s familiar with. I have a friend getting back to me and that auction to check out, but if I have to piece them together from other places I’ll reach back out and see if he’s still available!

Just let me know :) He and that leghorn hen have been hanging out together, so they're familiar with each other lol

Hello, new here! Has anyone went through the process of becoming npip certified? Was it difficult? I'm in the process of hatching out my future breeders so I'm not even close to starting the process of becoming npip. But looking to start the process next spring.

Hello, new here! Has anyone went through the process of becoming npip certified? Was it difficult? I'm in the process of hatching out my future breeders so I'm not even close to starting the process of becoming npip. But looking to start the process next spring.

Welcome from Cambria County! I thought about it once but never went through with it. Now would be a good time though to contact the state vet and get any information that you would need to get it done next year. Depending on where you are, I think it can be a challenge to find a certified poultry technician to do the blood work.

Back
Top Bottom