Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

By the way, this is the lavender ameraucana KitKat who lays olive eggs. She looks pure ameraucana.
It could have been a mixup, as I was making lavender olive eggers last year and they look a lot like lavender Ameraucanas. Kind of like the blue egg black sexlinks looked so much like real black Ameraucanas I easily got them confused and stop raising them up in my pens.
The genes that make up an Ameraucana seem to be mostly all dominant.

It could have been a mixup, as I was making lavender olive eggers last year and they look a lot like lavender Ameraucanas. Kind of like the blue egg black sexlinks looked so much like real black Ameraucanas I easily got them confused and stop raising them up in my pens.
I thought about that she might be an olive egger, but she doesn’t have feathered feet. :rolleyes: Anyway, these ameraucana girls lays better than I thought. Pepsi lays about 5-6 eggs per week. The two ameraucanas with nerve damages are not eating now, so I tube feed both. The vaccination seems protecting them from cancer, but not nerve damage. Hershey has been laying down and not move much for over two weeks, but she has no problem to process food. Water suddenly doesn’t know how to peck food or drink water and only walks in cycles, but she also digest her food well. It’s really different from the unvaccinated hens I had, who were not able to digest food at this stage. Water even lays two eggs per week.

Just saw this today.

Attachments

• A6B911DD-82C4-4835-9E1D-B65BB01A94D0.jpeg
    A6B911DD-82C4-4835-9E1D-B65BB01A94D0.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 3
The 2 Lavender Ameraucana pullets that I got off of you last year lay olive too. One has very very light feathering on the legs too. I think it was the same situation as with Tilly. I will say this...they are beautiful awesome hens that lay a ton of eggs! I love them.

The 2 Lavender Ameraucana pullets that I got off of you last year lay olive too. One has very very light feathering on the legs too. I think it was the same situation as with Tilly. I will say this...they are beautiful awesome hens that lay a ton of eggs! I love them.
I have no complain about the girls either. They are all sweet cuddlers. :love Egg color is not a big deal for me. I just think Dennis may want to know the egg color issue since he is working on getting blue eggs.

There are chemical leaks all over. It’s horrifying!

I just received an email that the power did go out at my PA house yesterday, and won’t be restored until at least Wednesday. Glad I’m not there!
I know lots of people lost power because the crazy windy day. At least it's not freezing cold now, so you don't need to worry about your pipes frozen.

Back
Top Bottom