Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Has anyone used Wenger’s feeds?

I work just down the road from Stromberg’s Wilkes Barre location so I had been buying feed from ADM (Pen Pal’s line) there. When I went this week they were out of layer and only had chick or gamebird.

So I went to the small local feed store and they only had Wenger’s in stock. There’s a lot number but no mill date that I can find on the tag. I haven’t opened the bag yet since I still have about a week or so left of their last bag of ADM feed.

Just wondering what anyone else’s experience is with it. I tried searching here but didn’t turn up much about Wenger’s.

FINALLY!

After many weeks of care and re-coop-eration Honeys droppings finally lost their yellow color and have returned to normal size.

View attachment 3635343
I found this on the tray floor this morning. The material in lower center is worm bedding. The big dump with with the cecal poop is what I'm excited about.

The diarrhea has been mostly gone for about a week but droppings still had a yellowish color and were about the size of a lima bean. This mornings batch was big.

She came with a pair of leghorns. They beat up on her so I've been letting her roam the yard with our half dozen pullets. They are slowly adjusting to her.

This morning for the first time since we got her I saw her running at full speed trying to keep up with the pullets. We've had her about ten weeks.

Have a great day.

Woo-Hoo!
20231018_121814.jpg

Honey laid an egg today.
After all she's been through, coccidiosis, sour crop, stargazing and seizures Honey finally laid an egg.

August 12th I noticed she hadn't laid in a few days. She went down hill fast from there.

All the time spent nursing and hand feeding her were worth every minute.

Update - had a dramatic loss of the new girls. I now have 4 of the original bunch and Peaches. No one is laying at the moment. But this happened. There's actually 2 of them but only one pic on the computer.

Attachments

• 393081142_1270868387056268_6858520964909958118_n.jpg
    393081142_1270868387056268_6858520964909958118_n.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 14
My 6 month Amerucana seems to have crowed yesterday. Any suggestions on how to find a good home for him? I live in southeast PA. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 20231026_104502.jpg
    20231026_104502.jpg
    861.7 KB · Views: 10
So, our chicken math from July wound up with 2 roos :(

Since we are right outside Philly, we can't keep them. They are both named Ken, as they are Kenough... If anyone knows a good home, besides Last Chance, please let me know. I *think* we have (maybe?) a black Australorp and a beautiful unknown (might be a Cochin cross?)! They're certainly not the prairie bluebells we expected

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (3).jpg
    778.3 KB · Views: 9
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 8
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (5).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (5).jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 8
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (4).jpg
    719 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So, our chicken math from July wound up with 2 roos :(

Since we are right outside Philly, we can't keep them. They are both named Ken, as they are Kenough... If anyone knows a good home, besides Last Chance, please let me know. I *think* we have (maybe?) a black Australorp and a beautiful unknown (might be a Cochin cross?)! They're certainly not the prairie bluebells we expected
The colorful one is beautiful! That's a shame you can't keep him. I wish I was closer, I'd be tempted.

Back
Top Bottom