Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I got some California Greys this summer and am planning to re-introduce the "Blue Egg Black Sexlinks" I had years ago. Trying to think of a better brand name though. I thought of these, any opinions or other suggestions?

Pottstown Poultry Blues
Pennsylvania Blues
Blue Eggers
(play on "Olive Eggers")
Norco Cobalts
Norco Cornfloers
Schuylkill Saphires
Keysone Curulean

Maybe Pennsylvania Blue Eggers? I really miss Brownie and want another one of these, but I just ordered 6 chicks from Meyer because my son wants silkies really bad. I think he's trying to find another Sunny, even though I told him every chickens are different and no other chicken will be like Sunny.

Maybe Pennsylvania Blue Eggers? I really miss Brownie and want another one of these, but I just ordered 6 chicks from Meyer because my son wants silkies really bad. I think he's trying to find another Sunny, even though I told him every chickens are different and no other chicken will be like Sunny.
Since my less than successful experiences with silkied Ameraucanas, I have stayed away from silkied birds, but this past summer I did a trade and ended up with some silkied Cochin bantams. So far I like them and they seem hardy here. Their show type could be improved, but I can do that. The biggest reason I prefer cochins over silkies is their single combs allow me to sex them much earlier. The only thing that draws me to silkies is their unique feathers, so these silkied cochins could be the best of both. It is a plus that they are still super rare, almost unknown, in the hobby, and you all know how I like to breed the really rare stuff!

Tentatively, I will call them "Pennsylvania Blue Eggers" unless I get a better name in the next few months.

Norco Cobalts
Norco Cornfloers
Schuylkill Saphires
Keysone Curulean
I can only imagine the way people would mis-spell and mis-pronounce those names. They reflect your knowledge of local culture for sure.
There are lots of local names in this area from the native Americans that lived here before us, but they are mostly confusing and hard to pronounce if you are not a speaker of those languages.

Since my less than successful experiences with silkied Ameraucanas, I have stayed away from silkied birds, but this past summer I did a trade and ended up with some silkied Cochin bantams. So far I like them and they seem hardy here. Their show type could be improved, but I can do that. The biggest reason I prefer cochins over silkies is their single combs allow me to sex them much earlier. The only thing that draws me to silkies is their unique feathers, so these silkied cochins could be the best of both. It is a plus that they are still super rare, almost unknown, in the hobby, and you all know how I like to breed the really rare stuff!

I've seen them, they're gorgeous! Believe it or not, I still have 1 old, silkie feathered lavender ameraucana hen running around outside. She's either direct from you or one of my first hatches of them.

Does anyone else think he could be a golden-duckwing OEG cockerel cross here? Brown leghorn cross? Because I am completely at a loss as to what he could be at this point at 4 months old??

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom