Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote:
Woo Hoo!
celebrate.gif

An Amazing thing happened this past week...a sister I never knew existed came into my life. My Mother had given her up for adoption before she met my Father and now I have a sister who is 7 yrs older than me...

This type of thing doesn't happen in my family and was quite a shock! My Mother passed away 21 yrs ago while I was still in college and my Father passed away 7 yrs ago, it was hard to locate someone who knew my Mom back then but I did find 1 who confirmed it.

Weird Huh?

Wow, that is amazing!

Perry County BYC member alert ~

I just saw this on Craig's List
Poor horse! I hope he is found safe soon.

Lost Horse!!! Please spread the word! (Perry County)

Date: 2011-11-15, 12:42AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

A chestnut roan appaloosa is lost in the Perry County area, near the Showalter Trail head in Fowler's Hollow.
The gelding is wearing a saddle only.

If sighted, please contact Skip Seifert at 717.309.**** or Nancy at 717.636.****
Or call this office.

Thank you!
Joan M. Pauley
Secretary/Treasurer
Pennsylvania Equine Council
PO Box 62
Huntington Mills, PA 18622
888.304.0281​

Last edited:
Quote:
Woo Hoo!
celebrate.gif

An Amazing thing happened this past week...a sister I never knew existed came into my life. My Mother had given her up for adoption before she met my Father and now I have a sister who is 7 yrs older than me...

This type of thing doesn't happen in my family and was quite a shock! My Mother passed away 21 yrs ago while I was still in college and my Father passed away 7 yrs ago, it was hard to locate someone who knew my Mom back then but I did find 1 who confirmed it.

Weird Huh?

Weird and cool! It's a shame you can't know the full story. I hope you are a blessing to each other.

Is anyone who lives around the area of Beaver County looking for some laying hens? Guess it would depend on how far someone would want to drive.

They are 8-18 months old. She is looking for a place that provides free ranging opportunities as the chickens are used to being out during the day.

just let me know!

Last edited:
Hello hidden hens! Nice to see someone so close. I too am in southeast PA, but am south west of Philly, near Longwood Gardens in Chester County. We have Barred Hollands and a handful of bossy leghorns ; )

Hello all!
I purchased 4 chicks, 2 hens, 2 roo's from Reningers animal auction in the fall of 2009. All were RIR's. I had them until mid summer 2010 when they were re-homed to a friends house but later gotten by wildlife. I ended up going from late June 2010 through early 2011 without my girls and decided I wanted more! Now the hen house is in my back yard and secured so no problems yet!

I have since purchased 4 more chicks this passed spring (2011) from Pickering Valley in downingtown. I decided to mix it up a little bit after doing some re-search as to which breeds would be quieter. I now have 2 RIR hens and 2 barred rock hens. The 4 don't get along the greatest but they still enjoy each other. The 2 barred rocks seem to be more productive egg layers then the RIR's.
It sure is fun watching them chase grapes, crickets or worms! The eggs taste so much better being "farm/garden fresh!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom