Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Anybody want to add a female pekin duck to their flock I can't keep mine anymore and trying to find a nice home where she can make new friends.

Anybody want to add a female pekin duck to their flock I can't keep mine anymore and trying to find a nice home where she can make new friends.

I do know someone. Where in PA are you located though? They have a chicken whose companion was a duck but the duck died 4 months ago and the chicken has been lost without her friend..... strange but true!

Hi Heatherscooby,
Looking at your avatar, I'm inspired to ask; who laid your blue and green eggs? And, does the color of the egg a chick hatches from determine/influence the color of egg they lay? I, too, am pretty much cut off from acquiring any more chicks, (my coop is pretty much at capacity with my four girls), but I am suffering from a pretty serious case of Easter Egger/Ameracauna/Aracauna/blue/green egg envy. Your blue & green eggs are quite lovely.
Sorry. I'm kind of like a chocoholic on a diet.

mm

x2
sad.png

Even on a dreary rainy day my girls are hard at work! Just went our for my after lunch egg collection...brings todays count to 13 eggs from 15 chickens! The 3 older girls have redeemed themselves for their lazy winter laying and are regularly laying again. The new girls who just turned 6 mos are laying well and I am even getting 2 green eggs a day!

Yea!
D.gif
My girls are cranking 'em out too. My Gabby didn't lay an egg since last July...she started laying again last week and today I got 6 eggs from 6 girls....first 6-egg day! Yippie!

Heatherscooby ~ congrats on the little ones! Sounds like you're gonna have a nice group. That group (the Ameracuana thread) has had to explain and battle so many people over the years and me thinks some have gotten impatient with newbee Ameracauna owners. I haven't been there in a long time cause I don't breed them now...just have 1 pure Blue hen left so it doesn't matter. Reading the thread will teach you a lot about them though and they can definitely identify pure from EEs in a heartbeat so if you're ever in doubt.

I also have 2 EEs and I just love them. Nugget lays bluer eggs than my pure hen, Gabby, does. I love my basket of eggs....all three lay different shades and shapes of blue and my 3 brown layers lay different sizes and colors too. One is a RIR, 1 a Delaware and 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte....love the colors.

We will 'ehhh' & 'ahhh' over your birds so post some pics!!!

Last edited:
Geesh, haven't been here for a while and now I'm going nuts.....sorry! The main reason, which I forgot, is to ask if anyone is looking for a LF Cochin rooster? I know of one that needs a home. He is pretty awesome. About 10 months old.

Back
Top Bottom