Penny Marshall my 1 year old Wyandotte Hen having issues... again..

Pics
Hi All!

Just a little update on Miss Penny Marshall she laid 2 eggs this week and defended her Valentine's Day Red and Blue photo contest title by winning two years in a row now on BYC! Girl is having an amazing week lol šŸ˜†

Also gave her an epsom salt bath which she really enjoyed- afterwards she spent the afternoon preening those pesky feathers properly into place ā¤ļø

View attachment 3756891
Go Penny Marshall!:celebrate

Where's the Valentine's photo?! I miss stuff all the time....šŸ˜©

Go Penny Marshall!:celebrate

Where's the Valentine's photo?! I miss stuff all the time....šŸ˜©
Screenshot_20240224-084245_Chrome.jpg

Here she is in all her splendor- today she is sunbathing and snacking on some fresh fruit and cucumber as a rare treat!

She's a beauty, of course she wonā¤ļø

Yes, the entries are great! I don't usually have a lot of time to look at the contests and other things going on, but they sure do look like a lot of fun!

Hi everyone!

Just an update on Penny. I had done a second round of the Valtrex for two weeks to continue to see if Penny improves on antivirals (which she does)

I consulted her vet and asked if Valtrex was a suitable therapy for her. After some research the vet said it was not- but we could try herbals. I was excited to hear that.

Well Penny has been on H39 encephalitis powder this week and I cannot believe the difference. I mix in 1/8 tsp to her mash food daily and she eats it up.

She is walking, laying eggs in the nest box, scratching for bugs (she found a few worms that she loved!) standing and acting much more Penny like. I cannot believe the difference in five short days!

So I theorize Penny has some sort of virus. The good news is now that she is on herbal support she can continue to live out her best little chicken life along side her sisters ā¤ļø

Oh and she dustbathed today including full on shake off dust afterwards šŸ„°

20240315_132739.jpg

Note the piece of grass hanging from her beak šŸ˜…

Hi everyone!

Just an update on Penny. I had done a second round of the Valtrex for two weeks to continue to see if Penny improves on antivirals (which she does)

I consulted her vet and asked if Valtrex was a suitable therapy for her. After some research the vet said it was not- but we could try herbals. I was excited to hear that.

Well Penny has been on H39 encephalitis powder this week and I cannot believe the difference. I mix in 1/8 tsp to her mash food daily and she eats it up.

She is walking, laying eggs in the nest box, scratching for bugs (she found a few worms that she loved!) standing and acting much more Penny like. I cannot believe the difference in five short days!

So I theorize Penny has some sort of virus. The good news is now that she is on herbal support she can continue to live out her best little chicken life along side her sisters ā¤ļø

Oh and she dustbathed today including full on shake off dust afterwards šŸ„°

View attachment 3772645
Note the piece of grass hanging from her beak šŸ˜…
How wonderful!
I'm happy to see Penny Marshall is doing so well!

Sounds like you have a great vet! What is this powder you are giving and where do you get it?

Back
Top Bottom