Penny Marshall my 1 year old Wyandotte Hen having issues... again..

Nothing like a gust of wind up the skirts to get you movingšŸ˜‚

She's looking pretty good! She's definitely hanging in there and fighting.

Love the updates, photos and videoā¤ļø
Penny finished her treatment today... I will continue with the b complex and sardine and nutridrench for now. I hope she continues to show improvement off of the valacyclovir.

šŸ™

Last edited:
Hi All!

So Penny is still hanging in there and being her adorable self. We have started to have some of the friendly girls be in with her for supervision, right now they are mostly interested in eating her food lol. She doesn't show as much improvement since off the valacyclovir- is there a safe daily anti viral I can give her? I am hoping she perks up in the spring- the winter here has been erratic, mostly wet, rainy and in the high 30's low 40's. She continues with her daily B-Complex half tablet and sardine which she loves. She is eating and drinking like a champ.

Thanks!

Hi All!

So Penny is still hanging in there and being her adorable self. We have started to have some of the friendly girls be in with her for supervision, right now they are mostly interested in eating her food lol. She doesn't show as much improvement since off the valacyclovir- is there a safe daily anti viral I can give her? I am hoping she perks up in the spring- the winter here has been erratic, mostly wet, rainy and in the high 30's low 40's. She continues with her daily B-Complex half tablet and sardine which she loves. She is eating and drinking like a champ.

Thanks!
Glad to hear she's hanging in there.
Having some friends come to visit is a good idea.

I don't know anything about the medication you gave, so hopefully someone else can chime in or perhaps you find that info through research. I wonder if there's a natural/herbal(?) remedy or combo that can be given that comparable - again, I don't know about such things, but it may be worth looking into.

Still following ... hoping for complete recovery! :fl
Thank you! I don't think we are going to see a complete recovery at this point sadly. I am not sure what is wrong with Miss Penny, but we are just making sure she is enjoying life and not in pain. I want her to be able to enjoy the sunshine and green grass in the spring. I have introduced a buddy- my lavender orpington luna lovegood that is happy being by her side. This allows Penny to be much more vocal and she eats a lot more when in her company šŸ„°

Thank you! I don't think we are going to see a complete recovery at this point sadly. I am not sure what is wrong with Miss Penny, but we are just making sure she is enjoying life and not in pain. I want her to be able to enjoy the sunshine and green grass in the spring. I have introduced a buddy- my lavender orpington luna lovegood that is happy being by her side. This allows Penny to be much more vocal and she eats a lot more when in her company šŸ„°
I love listening to chickens.
So glad that Penny Marshall has company, she needs that.

Hi All!

Just a little update on Miss Penny Marshall she laid 2 eggs this week and defended her Valentine's Day Red and Blue photo contest title by winning two years in a row now on BYC! Girl is having an amazing week lol šŸ˜†

Also gave her an epsom salt bath which she really enjoyed- afterwards she spent the afternoon preening those pesky feathers properly into place ā¤ļø

20240223_082044.jpg

Back
Top Bottom