People can be so silly!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I was with a group of ladies last night when one of them piped up and asked me how my chickens were doing and if they had started to lay yet. When I told them all that the chickens were doing great and then answered yes about the laying, I was asked how much I wanted for the eggs. I told them my price and one lady chimes in and says, "I don't eat eggs." I asked her if she was allergic to them and she told me no. I then asked why she doesn't eat eggs and she answers, "Because eggs are a fetus and I don't eat babies." I was shocked and couldn't believe what I was hearing!
th.gif
We then went on to have a discussion about how eggs are not fetus' and that they would technically have to be fertilized before they could even produce a chick. She then asked me if I would eat one of my own eggs!
lol.png
I told her that wasn't the same, but in the end I just couldn't convince her that eggs weren't fetus'. I guess each to their own.
roll.png

I've heard that before too and it boggles my mind. My SIL has chickens & quail and feeds all her eggs to the dogs. But she'll eat grocery store eggs. I don't get it.

I guess some people only like to eat stuff full of chemicals and additives..... you know the good stuff not some all natural unprocessed EGG!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
eww store bought eggs......I had to go to the store for my mom last week (she is recovering from cancer sugery) well i went to her place to make some meals for her and put them in the freezer...She wanted quiche so when i went to the fridge she was out of eggs so I went to the store...ewwww i could not stand the smell of them....

I love my girls and thier eggs
love.gif

since I have had chickens I have heard some wierd stories about eggs... this one is my fave...

did you know that eggs that are layed in a non government inspected facility will have salmonallia (sp) 90% of the time?......gimmie a break
smack.gif

My SIL told me one of her teachers at high school would try to gross her out by saying he had chicken fetus' for breakfast. A teacher for crying out loud!

She was relieved when I told her that wasn't true.
smile.png

I still giggle about people who think you need a rooster around just to get the hens to lay eggs. I kept my mouth shut about it, though, when I was able to re-home 2 of my 6 roos to a lady who "needed them to get eggs from her hens"...I was just happy to get rid of the roos!!

Back
Top Bottom