People can be so silly!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Oct 22, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I was with a group of ladies last night when one of them piped up and asked me how my chickens were doing and if they had started to lay yet. When I told them all that the chickens were doing great and then answered yes about the laying, I was asked how much I wanted for the eggs. I told them my price and one lady chimes in and says, "I don't eat eggs." I asked her if she was allergic to them and she told me no. I then asked why she doesn't eat eggs and she answers, "Because eggs are a fetus and I don't eat babies." I was shocked and couldn't believe what I was hearing! [​IMG] We then went on to have a discussion about how eggs are not fetus' and that they would technically have to be fertilized before they could even produce a chick. She then asked me if I would eat one of my own eggs! [​IMG] I told her that wasn't the same, but in the end I just couldn't convince her that eggs weren't fetus'. I guess each to their own. [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, well. Some people cant be shaken out of their bizarre food ideas!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Yeah, I guess so Cyn but that one was pretty bizarre! [​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

That's certainly one for the record books.

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I've heard that before too and it boggles my mind. My SIL has chickens & quail and feeds all her eggs to the dogs. But she'll eat grocery store eggs. I don't get it.

6. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I guess some people only like to eat stuff full of chemicals and additives..... you know the good stuff not some all natural unprocessed EGG!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  7. CrowinKing

CrowinKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    My step mother won't eat the eggs I give my dad and step siblings! Go figure [​IMG]

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    eww store bought eggs......I had to go to the store for my mom last week (she is recovering from cancer sugery) well i went to her place to make some meals for her and put them in the freezer...She wanted quiche so when i went to the fridge she was out of eggs so I went to the store...ewwww i could not stand the smell of them....

I love my girls and thier eggs [​IMG]

since I have had chickens I have heard some wierd stories about eggs... this one is my fave...

did you know that eggs that are layed in a non government inspected facility will have salmonallia (sp) 90% of the time?......gimmie a break [​IMG]

9. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

My SIL told me one of her teachers at high school would try to gross her out by saying he had chicken fetus' for breakfast. A teacher for crying out loud!

She was relieved when I told her that wasn't true. [​IMG]

10. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    I still giggle about people who think you need a rooster around just to get the hens to lay eggs. I kept my mouth shut about it, though, when I was able to re-home 2 of my 6 roos to a lady who "needed them to get eggs from her hens"...I was just happy to get rid of the roos!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by