people that just walk into your house unannounced- why?????

Quote:
TerrieLacy, I'm shocked and appalled at your bloodthirsty response. [...where's that Report button?]

Then report me, too! Honestly, if someone just walked into my house without knocking, I'm the one who would come unglued!

I must say - I think it is really bad for anyone to do that.

I have a brain injured son that just thinks he can come over and walk straight into this house ( He thinks he still lives here!) I hate that and We DH and I lock the door and make him knock. He is our boy and socially vaulnerable - If I feel this way about my own son doing it I sure wouldn;t let anyone else. I have the lock on and the chain on and the Dogs and if I was allowed a big gun I would have one of those too! And thats just to keep the boy in check !!!!!!!!!!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Oesdog - No way would I let anyone you walk on in to my home!!!!!
rant.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

Last edited:
I can't even imagine if I knew someone who did that to me. I am paranoid anyway and always keep the dead bolt locked. I have a neighbor who always tells me to just walk into her garage and into the house, because they don't use their front door... Needless to say I do not do that even with permission. I go into the garage and then knock and wait for her to holler "come in".

Last week the telephone company was trying to service the lines that run through our property, but they did not bother to come to the door to tell me what they were doing. When my husband came home he had to tell them it was stupid for two reasons: 1) it is hunting season and they are walking around in the tree line in black sweaters at dusk
roll.png
2) I carry a gun when I go to close my coop door after dark and God forbid they should startle me
gig.gif

I would kindly explain to him that it unnerves you to see someone in your home that you didn't know was there and that would he please knock first and wait until you responded. My mother knocks and waits, I usually holler come in (because I know it is her) - if I don't holler soon enough she sticks her head in and hollers, etc... and she is my own mom and we are expecting her. Sometimes the boys are hopping up an down because they can see Nana through the window... it is just polite. Most others (besides Mom) knock and wait until I let them in - in person. I'm guessing the fellow is socially inept - he just needs to be kindly corrected (unless you get creepy vibes and then don't let him in the house anyway).

Oh yeah, I HEAR you... MIL picked up the kids and DH and I were getting ready to go get a bite to eat and I walked into my living room to find my BIL sitting on my couch. I about had a heart attack and let him know in no uncertain terms I did NOT appreciate that.

Course our dogs let us know anytime someone so much as walks in their own yard across the street... they were out back that time... so we usually know when someone's here whether they ring the bell or not.

Keep the door locked, let the dogs loose, and eventually he'll get the hint. If he's stupid enough to walk into someone's house uninvited he deserves what he gets.

My dad comes out once a week to have dinner and hang out with me. We always email or talk on the phone previous to his visits, so I know he is coming, and he ALWAYS knocks. It's good manners.
What if you were coming out of the shower or something? Your friend is being rude, whether he knows it or not. I'd keep the door locked.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine and My in-laws do this all the time. I hate it, I try to keep the door locked and that helps. I wish I had a dog!

Quote:
Just was I was thinking....after they carried him out he would learn to knock the next danged time. I would not put up with that for a split second.

Back
Top Bottom