People Who Expressed Interest in my Heelers- Update on Post #786

Congrats on the puppies! The mom is beautiful and the puppies are adorable. Send me a little boy I have a female looking for one
wink.png

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the compliments! Mother and babies are doing great tonight. I will keep you updated with pics as the color comes in. I have changed my original assessment of the color. I think that 3 of them will be blue and the rest red. The lone female is going to be red just like her mama.

Quote:
I certainly have enough little boys here to pick from perfectly_polish! Come get one!
wink.png

This is what Buster was talking about with the "color coming in". This is my Heeler at 8 weeks. Notice that other than the big patch over the eye, there are no spots. She does have a big black spot on her right side and one on her nub(tail). (she's naturally docked, aka Stubby-tailed cattle dog)
spook.jpg

This is her at 9 years old. Notice how the color has filled in her face. She is actually and odd color for a heeler, more white than any color. Believed to have been a possible "leathal white" and was thrown out when she was a pup. I found her in a graveyard.
spook71307.jpg

This one shows her natually docked tail. We call it her "nubby" If she had a tail she would be dangerous. That nubby bounces and giggles just like a tail would.
falls6.jpg

Nothing beats a Heeler, but they aren't for everyone. They need someone with experience with dogs, not for someone as their first dog. Not for someone who doesn't have the time to spend with them. Heelers can get themselves into trouble very easily. They need to have something to do to keep them busy. If you don't find something for them, they will find it themselves and you may not be real happy with what they come up with!

Last edited:
Awww how cute - I love how the color changes and comes in like that....

A cute little puppy like that would be perfect for our family!!
(nudge nudge - wink wink)

Hey Wildsky, I think that my buyer for the female just backed out on me. Plan on taking a trip to Idaho in six weeks?

That's a neat colored heeler, CoyoteMagic! I assure you that mine will develop into reds and blues here in the coming weeks. I have never seen one that white before. Very pretty.

Quote:
big_smile.png
we're going to Oregon in a few weeks, but I think too soon, and probably still too dang far - perhaps there are enough BYC members to make a puppy train!!!!

I thought I'd share a picture of my daughter's heeler, Dano...he's the one on the right. The one in the center of the picture, Rocky, is the one who chewed a hole in the fence and got out and was hit and killed. One of my dogs is on the left. I don't remember what they were looking at out the window.

Miscpictures117.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom