People who Partake in Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth?

If its food grade I use it as a face mask to draw out the toxins. I've heard the fine powder causes breathing problems but only in this thread have heard cancer before. It has been used in face power eye and eye shadow for many years. I've made a little bit of mascara with this and activated charcoal. I rarely use eye makeup but it's ok when I'm really tired and have to go out

Baby powder should be safe but I hear about a very large class action lawsuit in progress.

This is a FWIW and not meant to derail the thread, but I'd like to share. Some years ago I talked with a former employee of the company who told me that the expensive Lancome cosmetics and less expensive L'Oreal products are the same except that the Lancome ones have an added scent. So if you're using the more expensive ones, you're being ripped off.

Do you know calcium supplements are made with crushed rock. Also, research (AKA) baker's lung. Interesting, there are articles there from the Mayo Clinic, WebMD etc.
There's a good deal of controversy around inorganic calcium supplements; their efficacy & our ability to use them, I mean. I don't remember hearing whether there are dangers, though that wouldn't surprise.

Small particle sizes can wear down the cilia in the bronchia or (I expect, as it's a moist environment) gum them up. So that would encompass flour, talcum powder, corn starch... Some of the substances have the added risk of poisoning over time, as many mined minerals can have trace amounts of lead or other toxins.

For calcium (and other benefits including yumminess!) I save poultry carcasses from broilers, etc. (plus any other bones) and make bone broth. Add a little acid... vinegar, lemon juice, wine... to help leach out the nutrients.

Last edited:
I read baby powder was catatonic over ten years ago. Because of the added chemicals and possible perfumes added. That really shocked me. I don't know if that has been improved, and to be honest I can't remember the ful story
I know it's auto-correct, but I gotta tease. :gig Trying to envision catatonic baby powder.:th

I never looked up the reasons for talcum powder being deemed carcinogenic. I have talc in my glazing supplies, but aside from that sort of industrial purchasing, it's nearly impossible to find nowadays. All the baby powder & other personal use powders I've seen in recent decades have been cornstarch based.

I have no idea why someone would want to put that up their nostril. Isn't DE made out of fossilized organisms? Why on earth would someone snort a fossil? :lau :lol: :idunno

The only thing I use DE in is plaster. For fixing bigger holes in my drywall lol
You have big holes in your drywall? (Does someone have anger issues)? :confused:

Only thing I use DE for, is ant control, and my pool filter. :old
You have big holes in your drywall? (Does someone have anger issues)? :confused:
OMG NO! Lol I will never deal with someone who destroys things, out of anger, or an abusive relationship. To be honest, I've been in abusive relationships, I will NOT tolerate abuse ever again. So no. There is no anger problems here! They are from previous tenants disaster. Not mine! Plus the brick on the house is pulling away, below my huge front window. The window was never properly installed. So over the last 20 years of water freezing between the brick and the house. Its causing major problems inside too. Making my drywall crack and pull away from the ceiling. Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous house, got a great deal on it too. But it still needs alot of work! We bought it about 4 yrs ago. Took a couple month of work to make it livable, cooper plumbing was stolen, roof leaked, underneath the cedar siding was a fortress of a wasp hive. Main water line completely clogged with a calcified rust ball! The list of dumb things that needs work, goes on and on and on... You get my drift right lol

Back
Top Bottom