1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Performance Poultry Experiences??? Please!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by amandalux, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tristancolli

tristancolli Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    Kinmount
    They have some really nice silver laced wyandottes and their silkies are nice also but they are very hard to sex at young age so it was good u ordered the straight run.

2. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Does anybody know if Meyer will vaccinate for mareks?

3. amandalux

amandalux Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2013
    Thanks tristancolli. That's good to know. Ill post pictures when they arrive

4. wayne harris

wayne harris New Egg

Feb 18, 2013
    i ordered 100 chicks last year from performance poultry and had no major problems. the only thing i can say is the barred rocks and white rocks are great layers but a little small on body size. buff orpingtons are great.

5. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Yes, thy will. I ordered from them and I added Marek's vaccination.

6. amandalux

Jan 22, 2013
    that's great. I'm happy to hear such good things about them

7. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    My Ameraucana came from them last year... this year, i have 2 buff ducks and a half dozen self blue silkies coming from them. Communication can be a touch tricky, but i have been pleased with my birds, no complaints.

8. amandalux

Jan 22, 2013
    thanks so much! I can't wait. I have heard so many very fantasic things about them. I am anticipating my birds. I also ordered 6 self-blue silkies! when do yours come in? Mine are in May 31.

9. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Hatch date is May 30/31 but since i am in On, i have to pick up so we get a nice scenic drive, i picked up my ones last year too. It's actually a really pretty farm.

10. amandalux

Jan 22, 2013
    That's awesome we are the same hatch day!! I am so excited. we will have to exchange pictures of our little babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by