Permaculture adventures

Hi farmgirlhanna!
frow.gif

Awesome that you're getting into permaculture! Justin Rhodes is quite entertaining and his family is adorable! I'm taking Geoff Lawton's permaculture design course right now...it's amazing. Can't wait to get my PDC.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
CT

How's that working for you so far, Farm Girl Hanna?

For those who don't know yet, Justin Rhodes is in the North
Carolina climate with his farm. All things he does may need
to be tweaked for your climate zone.

But a Way interesting subject if we can get Hanna to tell us
how it's working so far? Just chickens, or cattle, the whole
farm?

Whatever she feels like bringing to the table.

Meanwhile, PDC refers to Permaculture Design Certificate
I believe. A whole lot of work while you get it figured out.

Spook...wanting to hear from these people.

G’Day from down under farmgirlhanna
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

For those who don't know yet, Justin Rhodes is in the North
Carolina climate with his farm. All things he does may need
to be tweaked for your climate zone.

But a Way interesting subject if we can get Hanna to tell us
how it's working so far? Just chickens, or cattle, the whole
farm?

Whatever she feels like bringing to the table.

Meanwhile, PDC refers to Permaculture Design Certificate
I believe. A whole lot of work while you get it figured out.

Spook...wanting to hear from these people.
Chickens are the perfect 'starter' animal for getting into permaculture management on farms, homesteads, etc. They are truly little workhorses that give back more than they get. The word 'sustainable' gets tossed about a lot these days, but with permaculture, the goal is much more than just being sustainable. It's about designing with nature instead of against it, helping the land become regenerative once again...as it is meant to be.

Spookwriter is correct...it is definitely a way interesting subject. A quick search showed nothing recent in the threads here for permaculture. Perhaps a thread dedicated to this subject is in order?

And yes, PDC refers to Permaculture Design Certificate.

Back
Top Bottom