Permanent blinder

jolly wattles

Songster
6 Years
Apr 27, 2017
West Tennessee
This poor thangs comb never grew in right. Causes her depth perception issues. Almost drowns drinking water lol
20180920_171650.jpg

You might consider dubbing her comb. It is common to do that in some breeds for showing. There have been quite a few birds whose combs have grown oddly or have caused severe problems. I would consider it if it really bothers her. Since I don’t know much about dubbing, here is some reading:
https://ultimatefowl.wordpress.com/2009/01/22/dubbing/

I wouldn’t do it either if she is fine with the comb in her eyes, and gets around well. It is never good to do something so drastic if it is unnecessary. I just thought you were looking for suggestions because she was having a hard time.

Yeah sorry maybe posted in the wrong forum.

It's like cutting hair, sorta.
Just get someone to hold her, a sharp pair of heavy duty scissors and snip going from front to back. Make sure to have some flour to dab on if she bleeds a little. Next day she'll have a scab there and in a week she'll be prancing around with her healed comb and newfound vision!
You can do it!

It's like cutting hair, sorta.
Just get someone to hold her, a sharp pair of heavy duty scissors and snip going from front to back. Make sure to have some flour to dab on if she bleeds a little. Next day she'll have a scab there and in a week she'll be prancing around with her healed comb and newfound vision!
You can do it!
I know what it entails. Read posts above. It's not necessary right now.

Back
Top Bottom