Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
martins 13_3_1.png

Attachments

• martins 13_3_1.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Is this a new product?
I'm not seeing a dose amount on the label for using on poultry...only in the poultry housing.
Am I missing it?

Is this a new product?
I'm not seeing a dose amount on the label for using on poultry...only in the poultry housing.
Am I missing it?

I believe Permethrin is never for putting on people or on animals! We recently got some for hiking, but you have to spray it on clothes and let them dry completely before putting them on. I'd assume this product is just for housing to create a barrier / perimeter. It's pretty toxic stuff, but it works like a charm! No idea on safety for critters. All I know is from the stuff we got for hiking and that said to keep AWAY FROM CATS while it was drying (but that dogs were fine).

Bad for cats but okay for dogs, poultry, and livestock. [?]

There is no scientific studies I can find that prove any negative effects of Permethrin on felines. The only information that I have found that cats are somehow alergic to Permethrin are on websites that are similar to PETS's. So I would proceed with a large amount of skepticism as to any negative effects Permethrin has on cats. Perhaps some of you who are actively keeping cats can read off the active ingredients in your cats' flea medicine and post it here.

There are many scientific studies that state that Permethrin is safe for warm blooded creatures including mammals and all warm blooded creatures with a spine.

There is also a mite treatment that employs a 5% contrenation of Permethrin in a salve that is safe for use on human infants to control the mites that cause scabies.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/scabies/health_professionals/meds.html

Last edited:
There is no scientific studies I can find that prove any negative effects of Permethrin on felines. The only information that I have found that cats are somehow alergic to Permethrin are on websites that are similar to PETS's. So I would proceed with a large amount of skepticism as to any negative effects Permethrin has on cats. Perhaps some of you who are actively keeping cats can read off the active ingredients in your cats' flea medicine and post it here.

There are many scientific studies that state that Permethrin is safe for warm blooded creatures including mammals and all warm blooded creatures with a spine.
Where is one study that says it's safe for cats?

Back
Top Bottom