persistent runny poo — need help

poonam

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 9, 2011
Oakland, CA
Hi folks,

I was wondering if somebody could give me some advice.

We got 2 new pullets (an ameracuana and a BO) about 3 weeks ago. They have adjusted well overall and happily free range in the garden for a large chunk of their day.

The ameracuana however, has had diarrhea for what almost seems like the whole time she's been with us. It started out with what looks like runny poop, and this morning it seemed like she was literally squirting liquid (sorry).

she seems fine overall, active and happy, except for this issue. she eats and drinks just fine, in fact, she may be the one who eats more than the others.

She is about 7 months old, and had just started laying before she got to our place. When she arrived, she stopped laying and started molting. She is still not laying, and I don't know if the molt is actually contributing to her diarrhea.

They all eat organic layer crumbles from modesto milling. They also eat greens from the garden, occasional tomatoes (until i suspected them to be contributors to the problem), bugs, and the like.

They are vaccinated for marek's. but we've had a run with marek's before this flock, so i'm a little afraid that it might be rearing it's very ugly head again (i really really hope not).

please let me know if you have any ideas.

thank you

Back
Top Bottom