pet hen not laying eggs all winter

MasterChief2988

Chirping
Dec 14, 2017
I have a 3+-year-old rooster at home, year or 2 ago I got a pullet to stay by his side.
She has never gotten broody and doesn't like to mate, rooster tries to force himself on her once or twice but doesn't go anywhere( he was raised by me so rarely shows typical rooster behavior).
She used to lay eggs almost every day, but this winter she stopped laying eggs. Her legs got yellower and beak too. The thing is it's spring and she still isn't laying any eggs.
She also likes to sit a lot under a makeshift house on my veranda, she had a voracious appetite before she stopped eating aswell.
I feed both the rooster and hen chicken feed I get from my local Bazar, my mother sometimes likes to give her fruits. I live in southeast Asia, so never below 10 c in winter, and both chickens I keep indoors(at night)/ in my veranda(in day). Another thing I should note is that I didn't take her outside / to the roof much this winter/spring which would have removed plants/dirt from her diet.
Is something wrong with her? I don't actually want the eggs just want her to be in good health and keep my rooster company.

Its summer and she's still not laying eggs. She sits around all day and pants when its hot(my rooster doesn't pant). She is a bit fat, but is also eating less and having green poop. Both my chickens have had green poop for a long time , but I think that its due to my chicken feed rather than sickness.

Back
Top Bottom