Pet Peeves

My pet peeve? Well, when I was working (I'm retired now), it drove me crazy when people were consistently late for work. You know when the day starts. Aside for a random traffic jam, there is no reason you can't be there on time! I have even changed start times for some consistently late arrivers. For example, you're supposed to start at 8 and you consistently arrive at 8:20 so let's change your start time to 8:30. I bet you can guess what would always happen.

I have even changed start times for some consistently late arrivers. For example, you're supposed to start at 8 and you consistently arrive at 8:20 so let's change your start time to 8:30. I bet you can guess what would always happen.
You'd then change it to 9:00?

My pet peeve? Well, when I was working (I'm retired now), it drove me crazy when people were consistently late for work. You know when the day starts. Aside for a random traffic jam, there is no reason you can't be there on time! I have even changed start times for some consistently late arrivers. For example, you're supposed to start at 8 and you consistently arrive at 8:20 so let's change your start time to 8:30. I bet you can guess what would always happen.
Well, if it's not yet 9 am, it's still 8. #Islandtime.

I remembered a pet peeve this morning while tending coops, and then remembered this thread. So here goes…

One of my pet peeves is people acting like its a great mystery as to what Meatloaf won’t do for love in the song “Anything For Love.” I’ve seen countless articles and speculations what the “that” is that he won’t do for love. For crying out loud, read the lyrics! He says exactly what he won’t do for love in the song.

A couple of slightly more serious ones are:

1. Lying in the name of a “greater good.” I often see this in relation to animal conservation. Certain negative facts about whatever animal the person wants to save are knowingly lied about for PR’s sake.

2. Self-righteousness underpinned by severe cognitive dissidence. For example, a person who is indignant about some perceived societal wrong or injustice, and at the same time holds to a world view in which right/wrong and justice are artificial societal constructs that don’t actually exist. Why are you upset about something you believe is fake to begin with?

I remembered a pet peeve this morning while tending coops, and then remembered this thread. So here goes…

One of my pet peeves is people acting like its a great mystery as to what Meatloaf won’t do for love in the song “Anything For Love.” I’ve seen countless articles and speculations what the “that” is that he won’t do for love. For crying out loud, read the lyrics! He says exactly what he won’t do for love in the song.

A couple of slightly more serious ones are:

1. Lying in the name of a “greater good.” I often see this in relation to animal conservation. Certain negative facts about whatever animal the person wants to save are knowingly lied about for PR’s sake.

2. Self-righteousness underpinned by severe cognitive dissidence. For example, a person who is indignant about some perceived societal wrong or injustice, and at the same time holds to a world view in which right/wrong and justice are artificial societal constructs that don’t actually exist. Why are you upset about something you believe is fake to begin with?
Good point.

Back
Top Bottom