Pet Peeves

Ugh. Fun shapes sounds like too much work.
U make my own butter if we're milking our own cow, though. We are getting milk elsewhere at the moment.
I've made butter before, in a churn the old fashioned way. It was a lot of work. Lehman's store has a hand held butter churn I was looking at last time I was there. When I get my milk cow, I'll do my own butter

It churns faster if you start with the cream at room temp. I have one of those nice glass jars with the wooden paddles, what do you use?
We have one of those at home where I grew up. It was decoration by the time I came along. I was scared to touch it because it might break. Mama put the fear in me! If you don’t have a lot of cream, you can just put it in a bowl and shake it. Definitely do it at room temp.

View attachment 3495145
I picked up a new butter dish at a flea market today. The one in the foreground is my current one and it really bugs me how it's narrow enough that butter smears all over the lid if I don't put it on just so. The new one has more space so will hopefully fix that problem.
The butter stick shape difference is a newsworthy topic. I grew up in Kansas. Long, thin sticks there. Moved to Washington and thought it was weird that butter was short and chunky.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/30/1076...differently-sized-and-shaped-sticks-of-butter

What a rip! NPR couldn’t afford pics of the different shapes?
Publicly funded. What do you expect? LOL
Here you go.....

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 6.02.07 PM.png

We have one of those at home where I grew up. It was decoration by the time I came along. I was scared to touch it because it might break. Mama put the fear in me! If you don’t have a lot of cream, you can just put it in a bowl and shake it. Definitely do it at room temp.
Er, wouldn't a jar be better? A jar with a lid?

Back
Top Bottom