Pet Peeves

Another group of people who are treated as invisible is those who work in Housekeeping. I've assisted people with leukemia, and I understand how critical it is for hospitals, especially, to be CLEAN. Sanitation is not just important, it can be life-saving. Whenever I come scross people in Housekeeping, anywhere, hospitals, motels, anywhere, I always thank them for what they do. They always seem very surprised and really appreciate it.

Another group of people who are treated as invisible is those who work in Housekeeping. I've assisted people with leukemia, and I understand how critical it is for hospitals, especially, to be CLEAN. Sanitation is not just important, it can be life-saving. Whenever I come scross people in Housekeeping, anywhere, hospitals, motels, anywhere, I always thank them for what they do. They always seem very surprised and really appreciate it.
I agree, also the facilities engineers ( maintenance people) of hospitals. It takes alot to keep the air conditioning, heat, and cold and hot water ( for both potable water and chiller and boiler water, 2 different systems) operating correctly. One of the important things is to keep the facility between 68 and 74 degrees because of possibilities of mold, mildew and condensation. Mold and mildew can be deadly to compromised patients. Doesn't matter what the thermostats say throughout the facility including patient rooms the temp won't go below 68 or above 74 normally. They can be overrode by a computer to go higher or lower for a special reason, but normally nope. Also the positive and negative airflow. To either push the air out a room to keep possible things like dust or bacteria out of a compromised patients room or to suck out airborne pathogens from the patients room as to not infect anyone outside the room. There's alot of behind the scenes stuff going on that people dont realize.

Edited cause I didn't proofread

Last edited:
I agree, also the facilities engineers ( maintenance people) of hospitals. It takes alot to keep the air conditioning, heat, and cold and hot water. One of the important things is to keep the facility between 68 and 74 degrees because of possibilities of mil, mildew and condensation. Mold and mildew can be deadly to compromised patients. Doesn't matter what the thermostats say throughout the facility including patient rooms the temp won't go below 68 or above 74 normally. They can be overrode by a computer to go higher or lower for a special reason, but normally nope. Also the positive and negative airflow. To either push the air out a room to keep and possible things like dust or bacteria out of a compromised patients room or to suck out and airborne pathogens out the patients room as to not infect anyone outside the room. There's alot of behind the scenes stuff going on that people dont realize.
Thanks to the Invisible Armies! ❤️

Whenever I come scross people in Housekeeping, anywhere, hospitals, motels, anywhere, I always thank them for what they do. They always seem very surprised and really appreciate it.
When we're on the road and stop at a rest area, I thank any sanitation person I see. Some seem very surprised.

People I’m dining with that treat waiters like shite.
My mother in law did that. I reemed her a new one every time. Then stopped going to dinner with her. Rude, horrible human being.
I was a waitress for four years at Olive Garden. The worst customers were the ones that would snap at you to get your attention. I am not a dog and now you will wait longer for your food, thank you very much

I can certainly understand not wanting customers to snap thrir fingers at you! But .. how SHOULD a customer get wait staff's attention, if they need them, or feel they're being ignored? Some introduce thrmselves, "Hi, I'm Lisa, I'll be your server tonight," is nice, but I'm not going to yell, "Hey, Lisa!" if I don't see her.

I can certainly understand not wanting customers to snap thrir fingers at you! But .. how SHOULD a customer get wait staff's attention, if they need them, or feel they're being ignored? Some introduce thrmselves, "Hi, I'm Lisa, I'll be your server tonight," is nice, but I'm not going to yell, "Hey, Lisa!" if I don't see her.
Maybe throw a roll in their direction as long as it is not stale and hard.

A good waitress doesn't have customers that are being ignored. That being said, get another waiter's attention and ask for your waitress. Not everyone is a good waitress, me included. I hated depending on people for money. But none of my customers were ignored
Maybe throw a roll in their direction as long as it is not stale and hard.
I would throw the roll right back at them!

Back
Top Bottom