Pet Peeves

A pet peeve is "something a particular person finds especially annoying".

Do you have a pet peeve? Or perhaps more than one?
Ones I'm most interested in hearing are the ones that wouldn't necessarily annoy a lot of people but is something that drives you nuts.
Share what it is and the reason (if you have one) behind it.
When people are asking for breed suggestions and people suggest

“buff orpingtons”

WHY ado they have to be buff? Why can’t they be any color orpington? Are you trying to poison their eyes? Why buff? Why not blue? Or silver laced? BUFF IS NOT A BREED. :rant

When people are asking for breed suggestions and people suggest

“buff orpingtons”

WHY ado they have to be buff? Why can’t they be any color orpington? Are you trying to poison their eyes? Why buff? Why not blue? Or silver laced? BUFF IS NOT A BREED. :rant
Same goes for “barred rocks” or “black australorps” Buff orps just annoy me the most. But same deal. Why not all plymouth rocks? Or all australorps?

Same goes for “barred rocks” or “black australorps” Buff orps just annoy me the most. But same deal. Why not all plymouth rocks? Or all australorps?
Because newbies do not know that those breeds come in various colors! I didn't, when I was new to chickens. Was only aware of the common strains. What a wonderful world of possibilities y'all opened up to me here! But everyone has to start somewhere. I am still learning of breeds and varieties that are new to me.

Because newbies do not know that those breeds come in various colors! I didn't, when I was new to chickens. Was only aware of the common strains. What a wonderful world of possibilities y'all opened up to me here! But everyone has to start somewhere. I am still learning of breeds and varieties that are new to me.
I understand this… which is why those who are more experienced should be more open to suggesting “orpingtons” as opposed to the closed off “Buff orpington.” Newbies will think “buff orpington“ is a breed.

I have seen cases of this, in which people are asking for help seding their “white buff orpingtons.”

One of the WORST:

When people say, ”I have three buffs.” Buff what? Buff chanteclers? Buff Ameraucanas? Buff cochins? I know they mean buff orpingtons, but buff is a color not a breed.

I would get jumped on if I said I had ”five blacks.”
That reminds me of a time way back when in my. Freshman year of highschool when I was with these kids And her friends that were there were black. One wanted her to tie the others shoe but she said no. He looked at me straight in the eye, straightest face I’ve ever seen, and said, “ master make her tie my shoes”
like can’t make that joke to me because I didn’t wanna laugh but also I was laughing and then I felt bad because I couldn’t hit him (not hurt him, what friends do when they’re mad at each other, yk?) neciase of what he said 🙄😆😆

also men

I understand this… which is why those who are more experienced should be more open to suggesting “orpingtons” as opposed to the closed off “Buff orpington.” Newbies will think “buff orpington“ is a breed.

I have seen cases of this, in which people are asking for help seding their “white buff orpingtons.”
Really? even before I had chickens I always just thought buff was a color

Back
Top Bottom