Pet Peeves

Pics
We bless ours, too. I was a guest at a relative's home once with some other relatives and that happened, what I described above. As the food was being placed on the table, one person started serving herself and had begun eating before the hostess sat, and then the family all took hands and asked a blessing. I felt so sorry for this person who had to gulp down what was in her mouth in order to say "Amen."
When we were talking to my husband's family(thank God we don't anymore) my mil always made me say the prayer. Then she would bad mouth how I prayed. I never knew people could be so poisonous

We pray before every meal. We don't even pass the food around until we say the prayer. Many families don't even eat together, let alone at a table. I understand being busy but my parents raised 6 girls and we ate together, at the dining room table, every night. I'm instilling those same values to my son. Oh, and no electronic devices at table
My family does the same. But no prayers since we aren't religious

When we were talking to my husband's family(thank God we don't anymore) my mil always made me say the prayer. Then she would bad mouth how I prayed. I never knew people could be so poisonous
Yikes. That would happen ONCE. Then I would decline and defer to her, let her do the praying. "Oh, no, I couldn't possibly. You do it SO much better than I. Please, I insist." Then close my eyes and fold my hands and wait.

Yikes. That would happen ONCE. Then I would decline and defer to her, let her do the praying. "Oh, no, I couldn't possibly. You do it SO much better than I. Please, I insist." Then close my eyes and fold my hands and wait.
I may be a manipulative old bat ... 🤔

I tried that once. Then she launched into a tirade about how God only hears what he wants and she kept saying all sorts of negative things about Him. I didn't want my son to hear that so my family started praying quietly amongst ourselves. Like I said, poisonous people and I thank God we no longer have communication with them

I mean express your self But no. Why not? Becuase I was at Walmart And my friend works there, he was wearing plaid pajama pants with his neon vest. Like THE COLORS DONT MATCH
THIS! Clothes that clash! The artist in me goes 'NOOooooOOOOOOOO! Must color coordinate correctly! ' **Pulls out the spray paint can and shakes it**

THIS! Clothes that clash! The artist in me goes 'NOOooooOOOOOOOO! Must color coordinate correctly! ' **Pulls out the spray paint can and shakes it**
I tried to explain to my 6-year-old that her clothes didn't match. She was wearing a striped dress and had striped pants on but they were wildly different colors. She thought they matched because they both had stripes :gig

Back
Top Bottom