Pet Peeves

I will never say beekeepers are a problem. They wouldn’t have to move so much if orchards and other field didn’t spray so much! There’s a very interesting documentary on Amazon (I think…could’ve been Netflix), and how difficult it is to time the bee arrival because of all the spraying that goes on. 😳
Do you happen to know the title?

I have got a real pet peeve!
Beekeepers!
Ok, I like bees as much as anyone, but there is a big problem with how they are managed.
The beekeepers move their bees around, following where the flowers are; which most of the time are weeds. (and pretty bad weeds at that!) but at other times, they go in the most pristine spots where wild flowers grow.
And, they don't seem to clean their trucks at all before arriving, so all the weed seeds get deposited in the new spot.
So now, weeds are spreading like wild fire, though all the farm land and reserves.
I am actually quite happy with the beekeepers in my zone especially my neighbor caddy corner to my property. I learned a trick from the local college agricultural society and Fairchild Torpical garden... We let our grass and weeds grow and flower a few months before the mangoes are to flower. The bees, thrips, and others will go ahead and meander within the weeds and grass.. Once the mangoes are in full bloom we mow everything around and between the rows of mangoes and now the bees,and other insects have no other source but the mango blooms and so far,we've had better fruiting these past few years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom