Pet Peeves

Yup, it is impressive until you hear it every day.

Our aluminum suppliers often did a double take when they heard it, but graciously let it slide because they knew what he wanted.
I think Mac probably pronounces it "!#@!@# azure and his making fun of extra vowels in words" :p

Are your brother and sister full blood siblings?
No, not at all related. It's funny you mention that, as when they were little, they looked like they could be. When we were little (late 60s), the neighborhood kids used to say that I was adopted, and my brother and sister were the "real kids."

Remember, this is back when not many families adopted kids. And not many couples got divorced. My parents did. I told a friend that my parents were getting divorced, and she didn't even know what the word meant.

My best friend lived across the street. I found out 45 years later that she and her sister were adopted. They didn't know until their mother told them when she was ill and in hospice care. Can you imagine getting that dropped on you at age 55?

No, not at all related. It's funny you mention that, as when they were little, they looked like they could be. When we were little (late 60s), the neighborhood kids used to say that I was adopted, and my brother and sister were the "real kids."

Remember, this is back when not many families adopted kids. And not many couples got divorced. My parents did. I told a friend that my parents were getting divorced, and she didn't even know what the word meant.

My best friend lived across the street. I found out 45 years later that she and her sister were adopted. They didn't know until their mother told them when she was ill and in hospice care. Can you imagine getting that dropped on you at age 55?
Unless you grow up knowing, it's never easy. My twin brother and I were told on our tenth birthday that our sisters were actually our half-sisters, that mom had been married before and they had a different dad. On top of that, they had a brother who'd been adopted by my mother's brother. We had a half-brother we'd never met! Our world was shattered. Everything we thought we knew about ourselves and our family was a lie. I was 16 when I finally met my older brother and eventually we became good friends. I suppose they meant well, but IMO a secret like this is the same as a lie.

Back
Top Bottom