petsitters

Ask other people who have pets what they have done.

If you know any responsible high schoolers or maybe even Jr. highers, they might be willing, just talk to their parents too and make sure that they are ok with the idea. We had a girl who was in 6th grade take care of our pets and she did a fantastic job.

Good luck!

Over the years, I've traded pet sitting with my other pet owning neighbors. I also hired the vet tech at my vet's office. Other than that, you could ask anyone you know with pets and your vet. If none of that works, I know there's an association for pet sitters that I think has a web site you could google for. And there's always the phone book! If it was a stranger, I'd want references and proof they were bonded.

The website for the National Association of Professional Petsitters is www.napps.com. You can find a member in your area. The association has bylaws, regulations and a code of ethics that all members must follow. I THINK they will also do things like water plants and bring in your mail.

edited to add: Always be sure to ask for references!

Last edited:
If you have a friend who is fantastic with their own animal, then I would ask that person. Be willing to sit for his/her pet sometime!!

Quote:
That link goes to a website for Process Servers. Hehehe.
I can imagine the look on a face when they asnswer the phone expecting to serve a summons and are asked to make sure the chickens get a treat before bed!!
lau.gif

The correct web address is
http://www.petsitters.org/

Quote:
That link goes to a website for Process Servers. Hehehe.
I can imagine the look on a face when they asnswer the phone expecting to serve a summons and are asked to make sure the chickens get a treat before bed!!
lau.gif

The correct web address is
http://www.petsitters.org/

OMG!!!
ep.gif

I need a smiley for "egg on my face"!!!
Thanks for the correction!!!
lol.png

I found mine on Craigslist. It made me nervous to invite a stranger over, but it worked out great. She had good references, and she took great care of my cats and chicks.

When all I had was plants and mail, I asked a neighbor. But when I had plants, mail, more plants, chickens, and cats, I thought I needed a professional!

I started petsitting by request of my friend who needed help sitting. She has gotten many clients from the clinic and has recommended me for some of them. So I guess in a long of subject way I am saying call your vet. They may know someone or one of their employees petsits.

Back
Top Bottom