pheasant /chicken crosses

Had a ring neck cock return to our clubs stocking/holding pen after all birds were released. I decided to grab it and threw it in with out hens last winter. Watched out the window this morning as he was breeding one of the girls. (or atleast trying to) we have a couple of broody hens wondering if it is worth trying to leave a few eggs under them? We don't have any rooster so any fertile eggs would have to be a hybrid. How do you decide which eggs are possibly fertile?

Had a ring neck cock return to our clubs stocking/holding pen after all birds were released. I decided to grab it and threw it in with out hens last winter. Watched out the window this morning as he was breeding one of the girls. (or atleast trying to) we have a couple of broody hens wondering if it is worth trying to leave a few eggs under them? We don't have any rooster so any fertile eggs would have to be a hybrid. How do you decide which eggs are possibly fertile?

You will have to incubate them, after about 8 days of incubating, you then candle them, to see if there is any development. Can't tell if they are fertile just by looking at the egg.

I’m currently trying to get hybrids, but my rooster hasn’t shown any signs of being in breeding season yet.

Attachments

• D0040415-9158-42E3-8796-104D1C93EB5A.png
    D0040415-9158-42E3-8796-104D1C93EB5A.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom