Pheasants breeding age??

all three are usally mature in their second yr, but goldens are often fertile their first yr, elliot and swinhoe are not usally fertile till their second yr
but if you have a first yr elliot hen a ndprobably swinhoe too with an older male you may get fertile eggs even with a first yr hen, that atleast as been what has happened to me with my elliots and my other birds. Hope this helps

Last edited:
i think this is refering to when they attian adult plumage or when the hen may start laying because, i know for a fact that siamese firebacks are not sexually mature until age three and i have never heard of anyone with first year siameses to lay let alone be fertile. hes wanting to know when they are fertile

I have hatched chicks out of all 3 of these pheasants at one year old birds. If they are a early hatch they should produce the first year.

Well the chart needs updated.....for sure India peafowl almost all 2 yr old hens lay fertile eggs and even some yearlings. And most 2 yr old males are fertile. I have hatch hundreds of peachicks from 2yr old peafowls.

So my guess thats not the only mistake on the chart..........so I go with facts from breeders that raise birds now......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom