Pheasants next to bantams

I keep my pheasants and chickens right next to each other and have never had any issues. I think they would be fine but that’s my opinion. I know most people keep pheasants and chickens far from each other. @007Sean

i read postings to keep pheasants away from chickens to avoid disease exposure.
My son wants to use his bantams to hatch and raise his golden and peach goldens next year. If so, how do we help protect from diseases?
TIA
Send all your Peach Golden eggs to me....they won't get a disease that way! :lau
But seriously, keep the pheasants separated from your chickens.
Some folks raise them together and have no problems....yet! To me it's just a 'ticking timebomb'. Not only a threat of disease but possibly losing either chickens or the pheasants to fighting. At one time I did use bantams to hatch some pheasant eggs but have long since not raised my birds with chickens. Better safe than sorry.

We keep the bantams and pheasants in separate pens, but the pens are adjacent.

My son hoped to get a better hatch rate with the bantams than with the incubator.

He especially wanted a good hatch rate with the peach Golden’s.

We keep the bantams and pheasants in separate pens, but the pens are adjacent.

My son hoped to get a better hatch rate with the bantams than with the incubator.

He especially wanted a good hatch rate with the peach Golden’s.
Peach Goldens are so inbred that they have a serious problem being fertile in the first place, so it doesn't really matter whether you incubate with a machine or a bantam hen, I doubt the hatch rate would vary much. IMO

i read postings to keep pheasants away from chickens to avoid disease exposure.
My son wants to use his bantams to hatch and raise his golden and peach goldens next year. If so, how do we help protect from diseases?
TIA
unrelated but would you be interested in selling some hatching eggs?we've only found one person selling eggs and shipping chicks is soooo risky(especially at the price)

Back
Top Bottom