Pheasants or Silkies?

DragonEggs

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Borger, TX
Originally I was going to buy Pheasants today (a pair of Red Golden for $35) but the lady informed me that the woman who was buying her silkies backed out. They are very pretty silkie pullets and she's asking $25 for the 2. I can't afford all of them but I don't know which to get! I'm really leaning towards the silkies now but I'm still undecided.... What do you guys think?

Here is the CL ad with one of the silkies in the lower right corner pic
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/grd/1915640604.html

Here is the ad for the Pheasants:
http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/grd/1911777995.html

Tough choice!
hmm.png
I would think the silkies would be easier to take care of and more receptive to humans... but I've never had pheasants?
roll.png

Last edited:
I'd go with the pheasants. I like pheasants and would love to have some. Silkies...not so much. I've got a few, and collectively they have the intellect of a box of rocks.

Ive never had pheasants but i love my silkies, they are great i have had 5, and love(d) everyone of them. I had one that i brought in the house all the time and she would just sit there while we petted her, she never even went to the bathroom in the house, so i vote silkies

Okay, sorry to dissapoint the masses but I got the silkies.

First of all the silkies are VERY sweet. The mom is a partridge blue and her daughter is a splash. They are too dirty and scruffy from the rooster to tell if they'll be show quality or could produce SQ but they are a very nice type. 10 toes correctly spaced, all black skin, nice vaulted skulls, excellent foot feathering. It was dark so I didn't get to give the combs a good look but they'll both be getting a bath tomorrow then I'll post pics.

I didn't take the pheasants because they were INSANE! Just little brown blurs in a big cage. The woman was told they were a pair when she got them but They were too wild to get a good look at and check eye color. If they are still around next week I'll probably get them and a third splash silkie she had.

great choice..
wink.png
when you have the spare cash then get the pheasant.. we got 1 running around with our silkies... I think he's in love with one of our roosters...

Back
Top Bottom