1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

phoenix Rooster

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rockabilly7, Jan 1, 2009.

1. rockabilly7

rockabilly7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Florida panhandle
    I have a VERY small flock 1 roo 2 hens (planning on some more layers in the warmer weather though) but I really want a phoenix rooster I fell in love with them as soon as I saw the picture. Can anyone give me some information on the breed? And if I should start another small flock just for him? Also where can I order one ive gone to the hatcheries but they want you to order a min. of 25 chicks and I deff. dont want that many chicks right now? Is there any place where I can just order 1?

2. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    if you order from Ideal, you don't have to have a minimum order.

I don't know much about the Phoenix, but I'm pretty sure that if you order from a hatchery, it's tail won't look anything close to that. I also think they require special care for it's tail to grow to that length.

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    No, there is no hatchery where you can order 1 chick unless you are going to pick it up. Ideal has a minimum $ amount to order. So get your rooster and order all Buff Orpington Pullets until you reach the minimum $ amount for an order then sell all of the girl chicks when they get to you and keep your rooster. Girls are easy to sell.

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I have a couple Phoenix Roosters For Sale. PM me for info.
    These are not hatchery birds

One is 4 months and one was hatched end of April. They are both BBR

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by