Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
2 indoor pictures I took recently. Just taken with my iphone but turned out better than I had hoped. Critiques? What should I do better? My models in the first picture were a little sassy lol.
View attachment 3791965
I really like this photo, they look nicely in focus. And the lighting looks practicality perfect, imo.
I would maybe crop the top of the photo a bit so the focus is more on the chicks, instead if the background. Make sense?

For this one, you need to level the image. It's leaning right pretty strongly. Focus looks good for an iphone shot, composition is also nice.

This one isn't as strong. The focal point is the front chick, so the other 2 are soft even though your eye wants to focus on them all as a whole. Using pro mode and increasing your depth of field so they're all in focus would help. They're also just a tiny bit overexposed, the highlights are starting to blow out a bit.

All in all, they're both pretty good shots.

I really like this photo, they look nicely in focus. And the lighting looks practicality perfect, imo.
I would maybe crop the top of the photo a bit so the focus is more on the chicks, instead if the background. Make sense?
For this one, you need to level the image. It's leaning right pretty strongly. Focus looks good for an iphone shot, composition is also nice.

This one isn't as strong. The focal point is the front chick, so the other 2 are soft even though your eye wants to focus on them all as a whole. Using pro mode and increasing your depth of field so they're all in focus would help. They're also just a tiny bit overexposed, the highlights are starting to blow out a bit.

All in all, they're both pretty good shots.
Thankyou for the tips!

Any critique on these pictures?
DSC_1422.JPG
DSC_1424.JPG

Any critique on these pictures?

The exposure is a little dark and flat. You can tweak brightness/contrast and increase the exposure a bit to help there. Compositionally, My eye keeps getting pulled to the clipped flower petal lower right. Your focus on that specific flower looks really good, nice job there.

This one's also dark, same notes as above. Compositionally I think it looks pretty good, but if you were to do this again, increase your depth of field enough to get both flowers in solid focus and then bokeh out the background. They're kind of fighting each other at this DOF.

Good advice from AZ. The overall framing in the first image is good except for cutting off that one pedal. Backing up a couple more inches to include it would greatly improve the image.

screenshot_20240418_123553_chrome-jpg.3804907
Personally I would have shot the right hand daffodil vertically and framed out the one on the left.

Back
Top Bottom