Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to the picture party.

Having trouble deciding which picture to use?

Having trouble figuring out what exactly looks off?

Post the picture of here and we (who ever thinks they can help) will offer advice.

The rules are to say it nicely.

Example:
PXL_20220622_011659549.jpg

Nicely:
The picture might look better if you took it straight on instead of at an angle.

Ok thanks! I'll try again.
PXL_20220622_011708299.jpg

Google Pixel in a dark room with led rope lighting.

I'm just testing a background for a potential Floofer photoshoot.

I did use the real camera and those pictures look 100 times worse than these:

This dumb dumb doesn't keep still.
PXL_20220625_214031253.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220625_214040244.jpg
PXL_20220625_214028822.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220625_214038440.jpg
PXL_20220625_213942574.jpg

I like it better at the angle (first picture). It gave more depth to the picture. I'd try giving it an angle from the front view to see how it looks, but I really think the back angle looked the best.
Shizzle... I did not think this through.
I just quickly took two pictures.

I probably could have done much better job with an example picture. 🤫

Slight disclaimer:

Please accept my apolgies in advance if my comments seem overly harsh when giving feedback. I tend to write very clinically when making suggestions and it can come off as cold or harsh. That is 100% not my intent and I do try to soften it, but mileage varies from person to person on how good I am at that. :) I do not mean to poo on anyone's efforts and I am genuinely trying to help improve your shots. Please take it with the intent, and not with the "what a jackwagon!" response if it seems harsh. You can also tell me I'm being a meanie too. I'm used to it. :p
This is against the rules.

This thread is not about hurting feelings and if you're feelings are going to get hurt then move along and don't post your not-so-good picture to begin with.

Agreed. To get a shadowless picture, but in the same spot, take the picture on a cloudy day. Plus, cleaning the eggs might also be helpful. Then, play around with some angles. Like move your angle some and get a closer shot. Take a picture so you don't see so much of the basket, and if possible, give some distance to your background. Throwing in some straw under the basket might be a nice touch, but could always clash some colors.
Yeaaassss! This is perfect! This is exactly what this thread is for.

Back
Top Bottom