Photo of weird poop!

sgoreco

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2017
Littleton, CO
Hi all,

I just saw this poop. Looking at images on line the darker drops look like worms? The lighter colored is bizarre..it is hard like a rock! I had wood chips delivered from an arborist company (untreated trips). I have been spreading it outIn the backyard where they free range. They seem a bit put off by this new arrival and have not been eating as much. 2 of my 5 are acting broody this past week. One might be done as of today. Can’t think of what else! Any ideas? Thanks all!

Attachments

• 3887AFCE-88E1-4FA8-AF3F-40ED2E5AB603.jpeg
    3887AFCE-88E1-4FA8-AF3F-40ED2E5AB603.jpeg
    668.7 KB · Views: 19
I am not sure where they would be getting berries. I am down from ~3 eggs a day to 1 and they don’t seem to be eating much of their feed. So the black spots..are those not always worms?

You could always treat for worms, just to be safe. It won't hurt them, and it could solve the problem. But if I were you, I would also see if there are any hidden ways they could be eating berries (cause those REALLY look like pits).

Hi all,

I just saw this poop. Looking at images on line the darker drops look like worms? The lighter colored is bizarre..it is hard like a rock! I had wood chips delivered from an arborist company (untreated trips). I have been spreading it outIn the backyard where they free range. They seem a bit put off by this new arrival and have not been eating as much. 2 of my 5 are acting broody this past week. One might be done as of today. Can’t think of what else! Any ideas? Thanks all!
I am not sure where they would be getting berries. I am down from ~3 eggs a day to 1 and they don’t seem to be eating much of their feed. So the black spots..are those not always worms?
What do you feed including treats?
How old are the birds?
Do you provide grit (crushed granite)?

Looks like undigested millet to me.

Back
Top Bottom