Photo theft!

I'm not sure...does this exactly qualify as theft?
They could have easily cropped out the watermark but they posted it with the website source.
So MinxFox is getting credited in some fashion...

Of course, they are implying that this is one of their peas and it is definitely not!
Misinformation at the very least!

*By the way, I am not, of course, implying that this is OK in any way!
It's just not as completely creepy as it could be.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure...does this exactly qualify as theft?
They could have easily cropped out the watermark but they posted it with the website source.
So MinxFox is getting credited in some fashion...

Of course, they are implying that this is one of their peas and it is definitely not!
Misinformation at the very least!

I agree. I don't think I qualifies a "theft". Miss leading and probably lying sure but not totally theft. Since the gave created to the website it was organdy from I wouldn't count it a plagiarism yet. Well, it might be since they are saying "I own this" in a way. Well, maybe it's not, well it might be....I have to think about it.

Haha score 1 for the new watermark system! I don't sell hardly and peafowl and that particular bird is Alto, who is a part of my breeding stock so he hasn't been sold so it isn't like they are the new owner. the first photo of those 3 is also a photo of Alto but that photo is not on my site and thus not watermarked. Well all I can say is what annoys me is when people can't even take the time to take photos of their own birds to sell them. That is a red flag to me.

Haha score 1 for the new watermark system! I don't sell hardly and peafowl and that particular bird is Alto, who is a part of my breeding stock so he hasn't been sold so it isn't like they are the new owner. the first photo of those 3 is also a photo of Alto but that photo is not on my site and thus not watermarked. Well all I can say is what annoys me is when people can't even take the time to take photos of their own birds to sell them. That is a red flag to me.

wait so is that your add or??? so confused.

No that isn't my add. Recently though I watermarked (put www.bamboopeacock.com) on my peafowl photos on my website. I did so because I was finding my photos being used in various different places. I am not going to be a photo Natzi about it though as it seems that this is just what you have to deal with if you take decent photos of your birds and put them on your own peafowl website. I have seen photos of Sid (Texaspeafowl's) birds all over the place on other peafowl breeder websites who don't say the photo or birds in the photo is Sids and so thus it apears that the birds are their own. All I can say is I don't see how in an age of cameras even in your phone how people would rather market their peafowl using someone else's photo. I perfer my canon for peafowl photos, but i have gotten very decent peafowl photos with my camera on the phone. Buyer be ware for sure I love buying birds in person and the people that frequent the BYC peafowl section on here I would trust to buy from as well even if I couldn't buy in person. craigslist and ebay, etc for buying peafowl eggs, chicks, adults...No way I would not do that. I wouldn't even buy peachicks from a hatchery. I think seeing the bird's parents in person and being able to have your pick of the litter is great. Anyways them using my photos is whatever. I see it now as a compliment and free advertising as long as it doesn't somehow give me a bad name (not sure how it could). Pretty cool that they didn't even remove my website mark on the third photo. it would be funny if I got business from their add.

No that isn't my add. Recently though I watermarked (put www.bamboopeacock.com) on my peafowl photos on my website. I did so because I was finding my photos being used in various different places. I am not going to be a photo Natzi about it though as it seems that this is just what you have to deal with if you take decent photos of your birds and put them on your own peafowl website. I have seen photos of Sid (Texaspeafowl's) birds all over the place on other peafowl breeder websites who don't say the photo or birds in the photo is Sids and so thus it apears that the birds are their own. All I can say is I don't see how in an age of cameras even in your phone how people would rather market their peafowl using someone else's photo. I perfer my canon for peafowl photos, but i have gotten very decent peafowl photos with my camera on the phone. Buyer be ware for sure I love buying birds in person and the people that frequent the BYC peafowl section on here I would trust to buy from as well even if I couldn't buy in person. craigslist and ebay, etc for buying peafowl eggs, chicks, adults...No way I would not do that. I wouldn't even buy peachicks from a hatchery. I think seeing the bird's parents in person and being able to have your pick of the litter is great. Anyways them using my photos is whatever. I see it now as a compliment and free advertising as long as it doesn't somehow give me a bad name (not sure how it could). Pretty cool that they didn't even remove my website mark on the third photo. it would be funny if I got business from their add.
Sorry I didn't understand what you meant before
tongue.png
It depresses me when people are too lazy to take a pic of their own animals. Is that what the human race has come too lol.
I love your username by the way. Minx is my favorite name for an animal and foxes are in my top 10 of animals.

Haha yeahh it kind of depresses me too. I find it fun taking photos of my animals. I feel like if people took photos of their own animals instead of using photos found off of google they would have more apreciation for their own birds and have more fun.

Thank you! My username came from another site I am on. I went to join an art site several years ago and I kept trying all these different usernames but all my ideas were taken. I didn't want to put numbers or something in the username to make it work, so I came up with the username MinxFox and I use it everywhere because it always works! :)

Haha yeahh it kind of depresses me too. I find it fun taking photos of my animals. I feel like if people took photos of their own animals instead of using photos found off of google they would have more apreciation for their own birds and have more fun.

Thank you! My username came from another site I am on. I went to join an art site several years ago and I kept trying all these different usernames but all my ideas were taken. I didn't want to put numbers or something in the username to make it work, so I came up with the username MinxFox and I use it everywhere because it always works!
smile.png

haha nice, I love taking pics of my birds too.

Back
Top Bottom