Photoes of open wings of mutations of adult male peafowls and adult female peafowls.

I would love to be able to accommodate you, I just really prefer that my blood stays where it belongs.
smile.png
lau.gif
For real

Zaz,
I think you did not know about falconers and about hoods for calm these birds as falconers and eagles.

I suggest you google about falconers and find out. Eagles & birds of prey are nervous birds and to calm these birds, the falconers putting hoods over their heads, otherwise, like peafowls, they fight strongly via flapping wings.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/...to-calm-this-nervous-bird/sort/display_order/

But option 2nd is the best as it do not means to handle the birds and birds get used to humen being near to them.

See these three photos I photoed my peachicks in early 1990s, they became tame through got used to me being near them and aloowed me to approach them closely. I were very patient with my peachicks when I photoed them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/...-peachicks-in-early-1990s/sort/display_order/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/...1-year-old-in-early-1990s/sort/display_order/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/...d-peachick-in-early-1990s/sort/display_order/

Thanks Clinton and i do know about birds of prey and birds that are prey and peafowl are prey, their flight not fight kicks in at the blink of an eye and they can explode in flight and every pea with them will do the same and they can be injured very easily or injury the one trying to work with them, My birds are pretty easy to handle cause they are use to it but the average owner don't handle their peas ,on a regular basis which can cause a hazard as i mentioned above. Remember most house mutual birds together not just one in training like the birds of preys you mentioned which are solely dependent on their handler for food so folks most likely are going to want to risk injury to all of their flock of birds to get a photo of one wing.
hugs.gif

This is most likely why no one has posted the photos you requested
wink.png

Well I went through my pictures looking for open winged ones and these are the best I could do. I discovered while looking that I have an obsession with my peafowls feathers
hide.gif
especially my blackshoulders wings. I have hundreds, and I mean hundreds of pictures of just feather closeups from different angles and different lighting etc.

I know they aren't exactly what you are looking for Clinton but maybe these will help. Next time I'm out doing pictures I will try to get you the whole wing spread out but like Zaz says most of us don't handle our birds at all so we just have to hope for the right shot.

Blackshoulder wing feathers- I have the full sized versions if you need them.

Last edited:
Dear SunBaked,
Thankyou for photos of your beautiful Black-shouldered peacock, ...I suggest you would photo the peacock when he spread his wings, after waking from afternoon nape or when he is dust-bathing or sunning itself, with spread wing.

Dany12,
I am unlikely to do drawings of peafowls as these members need time to understand, after reading this topic. This month is likely a very busy month for USA people and moulting season for peafowls, members rather wait until wintertime / springtime before send me photos when birds are not in moult.

Well I went through my pictures looking for open winged ones and these are the best I could do. I discovered while looking that I have an obsession with my peafowls feathers
hide.gif
especially my blackshoulders wings. I have hundreds, and I mean hundreds of pictures of just feather closeups from different angles and different lighting etc.

I know they aren't exactly what you are looking for Clinton but maybe these will help. Next time I'm out doing pictures I will try to get you the whole wing spread out but like Zaz says most of us don't handle our birds at all so we just have to hope for the right shot.

Outstanding photos sun baked
thumbsup.gif

Thank you
smile.png
. Couldn't believe with all the pictures I've taken that I don't have a single one of him with an open wing. Maybe when I worm in a few weeks I will do it by hand instead of in the water and get a few pics.

Thank you
smile.png
. Couldn't believe with all the pictures I've taken that I don't have a single one of him with an open wing. Maybe when I worm in a few weeks I will do it by hand instead of in the water and get a few pics.

Yes please, but you need someone to hold the bird and spread its wing while you photo its wing. Be careful with peacock as it is in heavy moult.
Hold the bird by legs.

hide.gif

Great pictures of a handsome boy!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom