Photos from the Northeast Poultry Congress Springfield, MA, 12/17/09

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Reinbeau, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Hubby and I went out to Springfield yesterday and met up with Natalie (Simple Life) and Bill. Hubby loves turkeys, and took a couple of really nice photos - I don't know what kind, I just know they're nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Natalie was on a mission for Red Laced Blue Wyandottes (I think that's right). I took a photo of the wrong pair:

[​IMG]

She actually bought the pair that are to the left of the turkey:

[​IMG]

In the same area were those huge geese someone else mentioned noticing in the other thread:

[​IMG]

And nearby there were these gorgeous frizzle geese or ducks, I'm not sure, but I just loved them!

[​IMG]

Ok, back to chickens. I'm going to post the photos of the birds that really caught my eye:

These Silver Spangled Hamburgs were in the first row of the large fowl side (the only side I paid attention to, really). There were some for sale at the back in the sales section, but I swore I wasn't buying any birds and I resisted!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Araucuna cock (I've never seen a truly rumpless bird!)

[​IMG]

Hubby enjoys the topknotted breeds like Polish:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When it's time for me to get a few marans, I'm going for the lovely French Copper Blues, I wish I could have a rooster as gorgeous as this guy!

[​IMG]

The hen is lovely, too!

[​IMG]

Last but not least, both Natalie and I noticed these birds because they were just so frantic in their cages, lovely but I wouldn't want them in my flock because they seemed positively paranoid!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am not a bantam person, while some of them are adorable, I'll probably never (I've learned over the years to never say a definitive never!) have them, I want big eggs and big birds, so I have no photos of that side of the show.

One last thing, I don't know if it'll work and you probably shouldn't click on it unless you've got a fast connection, but hubby took a panoramic movie of the whole show:

http://annzoid.com/images/forums/Chickens/Northeast2009/100_1996.MOV

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Great pics and the movie was good too. What a huge place that was.

Thanks for sharing those! Seeing those pics was a thrill! [​IMG]

3. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Reinbeau...I LOVED the Geese too...that frizzle was like a cloud of whipped cream!! Reminded me of Mother Goose!
    I thought the same about the Hamburgs...very flighty.

Loved the French Cooper Blues too...I did not snap a photo...your photo has me searching them out on EGG BID!! [​IMG]

4. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Are the last ones Golden Spangled Spitz's? The breed is supposed to be somewhat flighty. Gorgeous to look at, though.

Thanks for sharing the pics! [​IMG]

5. Reinbeau

Quote:No, they're Brabanters. I think anything that looks like that though must be slightly spastic! [​IMG]

6. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Nice pics -Ann, the rumpie boy is my cockerel! Since they don't have tails the Araucana butts are 'different' looking. Here is a view of my pullet's fluffy bum.

[​IMG]

Both of them in their coop.

[​IMG]

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
  8. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    This gal had some super gorgeous Polish bantams:

[​IMG]

That cockerel is perching on her arm, nice calm birds and really beautiful!

9. Reinbeau

10. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I have cream Brabanters. They aren't too spastic they come get treats from me and one is particularly friendly and walks all over my feet. I wonder who's Cream brabanters they were.. It would be awesome if they were from a private breeder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by