Photos from the Northeast Poultry Congress Springfield, MA, 12/17/09

Reinbeau

The Teapot Underground
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Hanson, MA & Lebanon, Maine
Hubby and I went out to Springfield yesterday and met up with Natalie (Simple Life) and Bill. Hubby loves turkeys, and took a couple of really nice photos - I don't know what kind, I just know they're nice!

blue-turkey.jpg

turkey.jpg

Natalie was on a mission for Red Laced Blue Wyandottes (I think that's right). I took a photo of the wrong pair:

RLBW-pair.jpg

She actually bought the pair that are to the left of the turkey:

nat-me.jpg

In the same area were those huge geese someone else mentioned noticing in the other thread:

huge-goose.jpg

And nearby there were these gorgeous frizzle geese or ducks, I'm not sure, but I just loved them!

frizzle-goose.jpg

Ok, back to chickens. I'm going to post the photos of the birds that really caught my eye:

These Silver Spangled Hamburgs were in the first row of the large fowl side (the only side I paid attention to, really). There were some for sale at the back in the sales section, but I swore I wasn't buying any birds and I resisted!:

ssh-hens.jpg

ssh-cock.jpg

Araucuna cock (I've never seen a truly rumpless bird!)

araucuna.jpg

Hubby enjoys the topknotted breeds like Polish:

black-polish.jpg

white-polish.jpg

buff-polish.jpg

When it's time for me to get a few marans, I'm going for the lovely French Copper Blues, I wish I could have a rooster as gorgeous as this guy!

french-copper-blue-maran.jpg

The hen is lovely, too!

french-copper-blue-hen.jpg

Last but not least, both Natalie and I noticed these birds because they were just so frantic in their cages, lovely but I wouldn't want them in my flock because they seemed positively paranoid!

brabanter-cock.jpg

brabanter-hen.jpg

I am not a bantam person, while some of them are adorable, I'll probably never (I've learned over the years to never say a definitive never!) have them, I want big eggs and big birds, so I have no photos of that side of the show.

One last thing, I don't know if it'll work and you probably shouldn't click on it unless you've got a fast connection, but hubby took a panoramic movie of the whole show:

http://annzoid.com/images/forums/Chickens/Northeast2009/100_1996.MOV

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Great pics and the movie was good too. What a huge place that was.

Thanks for sharing those! Seeing those pics was a thrill!
hugs.gif

Reinbeau...I LOVED the Geese too...that frizzle was like a cloud of whipped cream!! Reminded me of Mother Goose!
I thought the same about the Hamburgs...very flighty.

Loved the French Cooper Blues too...I did not snap a photo...your photo has me searching them out on EGG BID!!
th.gif

Nice pics -Ann, the rumpie boy is my cockerel! Since they don't have tails the Araucana butts are 'different' looking. Here is a view of my pullet's fluffy bum.

IMG_1946.jpg

Both of them in their coop.

IMG_1942.jpg

I have cream Brabanters. They aren't too spastic they come get treats from me and one is particularly friendly and walks all over my feet. I wonder who's Cream brabanters they were.. It would be awesome if they were from a private breeder.

Back
Top Bottom