Photos Of Chickens! Show Me Your Chickens! (Also Stories Would Be Great!)

Pics
No such thing is low risk surgery in birds, especially when there's anaesthesia involved. A procedure like, dead tissue removal, clipping feathers, plucking feathers away from a wound, spur trimming, etc. Are low risk, & don't require anaesthesia, since it's external.

Impacted crop surgery doesn't require anaesthesia either, just to add that in.

Yeah, I was gonna get an eye injury looked at. It was just stupid.
She had an external tumor, so we hoped to get that taken off and she would be all better.

She had an external tumor, so we hoped to get that taken off and she would be all better.
External. That could have been done under-light anesthesia, where the bird is half conscious during the procedure, or done with the bird place under a towel with face covered, so the bird is calm, & relaxed. This requires zero anaesthesia.

External. That could have been done under-light anesthesia, where the bird is half conscious during the procedure, or done with the bird place under a towel with face covered, so the bird is calm, & relaxed. This requires zero anaesthesia.
I feel bad enough. Our vet knew what he was doing, I’m sure.
Can you tell me more about your chickens?

This is Chickadee, she is a wild hen that wandered into my yard with 8 little chicks in May 2020 and never left. Last year, I was going through a really rough time- I was laid off from my job of 13 years (due to the pandemic) and facing a lot of uncertainty. On Mother's Day (May 10, 2020), I heard little peeps coming from outside of my window. I opened my front door to see a little brown hen (Chickadee) with 8 baby chicks waiting for me. She let me feed them and hung around for a few hours. The next day, she stopped by again and continued to visit daily. Her visits were something that I looked forward to each day and eventually she decided to stick around for good and she moved herself into my backyard. I think Chickadee could sense that I needed some rescuing and decided to adopt me. She took me in and included me in her life. She introduced me to each of her different brood of chicks and trusted me to be near her & her little ones 💕 She has brought so much joy into my life and I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through last year without her.

A9BB5E75-0827-4AA1-AEBC-05C09F919BA3.jpeg

This is Chickadee, she is a wild hen that wandered into my yard with 8 little chicks in May 2020 and never left. Last year, I was going through a really rough time- I was laid off from my job of 13 years (due to the pandemic) and facing a lot of uncertainty. On Mother's Day (May 10, 2020), I heard little peeps coming from outside of my window. I opened my front door to see a little brown hen (Chickadee) with 8 baby chicks waiting for me. She let me feed them and hung around for a few hours. The next day, she stopped by again and continued to visit daily. Her visits were something that I looked forward to each day and eventually she decided to stick around for good and she moved herself into my backyard. I think Chickadee could sense that I needed some rescuing and decided to adopt me. She took me in and included me in her life. She introduced me to each of her different brood of chicks and trusted me to be near her & her little ones 💕 She has brought so much joy into my life and I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through last year without her.

View attachment 2870080
That is so cute! Is she an Old English Game?

Back
Top Bottom