Pic Of The Week Information (POW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would but i have the old kind of yahoo and msn so it wont let me post pictures in the email. is there anyway i could post them here?

Important Note:

We get about 10-20 POW submissions per week. If you do the math, that makes the list really long and a really long time before someone's pic is posted as the POW. Instead of making it so you have to wait 10 years before your pic is posted here's what we do:

1) We first filter out pics that are blurry, dark, grainy (e.g., from camera phones).
2) We then highlight the top 30% based on how good and original the picture is. This is the main pool of pictures from which we pull our POW.
3) From there it is usually first come first served.
4) Even filtering out about 80% of the pics we're still left with a very long list of great pictures, so please be patient.

If your pic isn't chosen for the POW please don't take it personally... we are just forced to choose from a VERY long list of great submissions.

Nifty do you know where my Faverolle pic is on the list. Or maybe you posted it while I was gone. I would submit another but I don't want to if I already have one it but I will if the pic was not good enough.

Thanks,
Henry

Last edited:
hcammack, sorry, I'm not sure and it is really too hard to keep track of where they are on the list. In the future we may have a better system, but for now it is mostly a wait and see.

Emzyyy, you are correct about the space in the email. That is there to slow down internet spiders from grabbing it and spamming it. I'll make a note next to the email.

Quote:
Well Jashdon, you inspired me to do something I've been meaning to do for a while:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/images/gallery/

Nifty, way to go!! As a newer member, I loved looking at all the pics. Plus, it will help others to see what kind of pic you are looking for.
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom