Pickled Eggs Recipes?

Apr 16, 2018
Missouri
Even with the recent cold weather and shorter days my girls continue to supply me with an over abundance or fresh eggs. I currently have five cartons in my fridge and they just keep coming! Soooo... I was thinking about making some pickled eggs! Do any of y'all have a favorite pickled egg recipe that you would like to share?

Even with the recent cold weather and shorter days my girls continue to supply me with an over abundance or fresh eggs. I currently have five cartons in my fridge and they just keep coming! Soooo... I was thinking about making some pickled eggs! Do any of y'all have a favorite pickled egg recipe that you would like to share?
My former MIL was Mennonite and would use pickled beet juice for the eggs. She would just place the boiled peeled eggs in the jar of beet juice and add sweet pickle juice to cover them
Very tasty and kinda pretty too.

My former MIL was Mennonite and would use pickled beet juice for the eggs. She would just place the boiled peeled eggs in the jar of beet juice and add sweet pickle juice to cover them
Very tasty and kinda pretty too.
Was this just for quick refrigerator picked eggs, or were they sealed and shelf stable?

I can pickled beets in quart jars by boiling equal parts of water, vinegar and sugar (1 cup to 1 cup to 1 cup) to pour over the prepared beets. When preparing pickled eggs, I split one quart of beets into two quart jars and add enough peeled hard boiled eggs to fill both jars. More of the pickling is boiled up to top off the jars and then they are stored in the refrigerator for use.

I can pickled beets in quart jars by boiling equal parts of water, vinegar and sugar (1 cup to 1 cup to 1 cup) to pour over the prepared beets. When preparing pickled eggs, I split one quart of beets into two quart jars and add enough peeled hard boiled eggs to fill both jars. More of the pickling is boiled up to top off the jars and then they are stored in the refrigerator for use.

I have a bunch of beets stored, I'll try that! I want to try to find a few recipes that are suitable for long term shelf storage too... I would love to get recipes for several different varieties!

:hmmQUOTE="MotherOfPeepPeeps, post: 20703https://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_06/pickled_eggs.html250, member: 510647"]Really??? You can buy them at the store but can't can them at home? I don't get how that works. :idunno:oops:[/QUOTE]
Evidently the ones in the store have lot of preservatives in them...My recipe is so basic it would probably spoil even in the fridge...I look everything up on google nowadays so I don't kill my hubby with my cooking!

Back
Top Bottom